WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Mitchell McMahon

1. Oh boy I'm actually about to leave...(2-27-14)

Well it has been crazy trying to get ready for my thru hike. My mind is in the right place (what ever that means) and my stuff is all sprawled out and I have checked it over and over again. My last item which was a water proof case for my camera came in the mail today which just completed my pack. I don't have the exact weight of my pack down yet but I'll probably do that tomorrow.

It was really nice talking to my brother on the phone as well and hearing how sweet he thought my whole ...
    Tags: 2014, thru hike Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Feb. 11 Sort through gear

I have figured out what I will be doing with my money system finally and I feel secure about it. Only took a hour at the bank.

Tonight I will be going through all my gear and see whats left I need to get and what all I for sure have.

I will probably make a video post of it to show people what I have. It will also help people show what they might want to bring and it will be a reminder of what I brought and what I didn't need at the end.

I'll post a video ...
  3. 2/3/14 Start of Journal

Well time to start a online journal so friends and family can follow me and my endeavors.

I would like to start out with yes I have terrible spelling ha!

Now lets get started

I have three days left of work (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) and then its time to enjoy a little bit of free time until I leave for the AT thru hike.

I'm planning on going NOBO (north bound) starting in Georgia and HOPEFULLY ending in Maine.

Lately i've been ...