WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Day -5 Neptune Beach, FL

I've been taking care of "Honey do's" the past week. As I've alway said, "You don't have to remind me every six months, I'll get it done"... and I have!

It has been very good to have these other projects to concentrate on as the start gets nearer. I've been obsessing enough the past months, I'm ready as I can be for the start on St. Patrick's day.

I'm close enough to the start to be able to the weather at: http://www.atweather.org/precip_discussion ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. V.Sky on the Trail

Hey folks! Tick tock- tick tock! March 28 is around the corner. So if you'd like to follow along my journey, you all can go throw a "like" at my facebook blogger page that I'll be using to coordinate all of my social media into one, familiar, easy-to-navigate avenue.

Thanks in advance!

V.Sky

https://www.facebook.com/vskyonthetrail/
  3. Planning to make the hike by 2021

I'm recently back from my first actual steps on the trail. a 6 mile day hike in the snow from Newfound Gap to Charlie's Bunion (almost). I've known of the AT, I've read about the AT, and in my work as an over the road truck driver, I have exhausted the collection of audiobooks about the AT which are available on amazon. I am totally smitten with the thought of making a 5 month journey of over 2000 miles and standing triumphant on a mountain top in personal victory.
    Now the real work begins. ...

Updated 03-10-2016 at 22:50 by Funhouse

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Prep and test entry

I'm Bill, headed to Harper's Ferry to Flip Flop starting the 17th of April. I have 95% of my gear and I'm finding myself in a AT cloud....dreaming and thinking about the trail more than I'm in the present moment. My profile pic is of Ahuna Mons, a mountain on the dwarf protoplanet Ceres, it appeared to be an empty cat hole mound even though it is four miles high. Maybe someday there will be a trail that summits it.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. 2 weeks 6 days out

I think that I'm more anxious than excited. I'm 1 week past my final day at work and I feel like I've been completely removed from thinking about my next 6 months on the trail. We just went through a move at home. Some unfortunate events happened with the move that set us back financially, slightly.

Long story short, our moving truck was stolen from the gas pump as I aired the tires in my M3. Luckily, the truck was empty of household items but unluckily, my new iPhone 6s Plus ...
Page 77 of 596 FirstFirst ... 27 67 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 87 127 177 577 ... LastLast