WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Spirits up

What a great weekend I had. My spirits are lifted once again and I am very excited. I wish I could leave tomorrow. I am so very ready for this hike in so many ways.

I worked off some of my “to do” list here at the house.

I am down to under a month for my departure date to leave from Maine to take the Amtrak to Georgia.

I turned in my final notice at work this morning. I already did this once before but they told me they wanted it ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  2. Family visit

I was in a slump last night. I am fine today. I think it comes from being too overwhelmed with everything going on in my life right now; being overtired sure did not help matters either.

I am going to my parents today to visit. I want my mother to see my haircut; she has been on me about getting it cut since I started growing it long. I can now show here that my hair is short again and she can relax. My sisters will be my parents too and I want to see her. We were at each other’s ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  3. Countdown: 26 days to GA->WV '10

New PRW post:

I've already booked a bunk for the first hostel on the NoBo AT: Hiker Hostel, near Dahlonega, Georgia.

For $70 you get the thru-hiker special: Shuttle from the airport/train or bus station in Atlanta, stay overnight, breakfast and a shuttle to the beginning of the AT.

Look soon for a "What's ahead in Georgia"-type post.
  4. Tattoo

Well, I did it. I got my tattoo and a haircut. I don’t feel like a new man though. My friend told me that I would be a new man. I still feel the same, old.

I went to Brunswick today and hooked up with Shiloh, a WhiteBlaze member. Shiloh thru hiked in 2008. We sat and talked for 2 ½ hours. It was great to see his eye light up when he talked about his thru hike. I know I will feel the same way when I tell my tale of my thru hike. He showed me many of his photos from his hike. ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1590.jpg 
Views:	1560 
Size:	604.1 KB 
ID:	11073  
  5. Springer Mountain countdown: 27 days

It's a month to go for my GA->WV '10 hike. I anticipate beginning the hike on March 10.

I'll be traveling by Amtrak March 8 from DC to ATL.

I started this blog mostly as a way to link to the hiking community here at Whiteblaze, which I discovered in person at a hiker feed in Monson, ME at the end of my WV->ME '09 hike.

My real blog is here. I'll be looking to share posts between the two platforms, as well as twitter, trailjournals etc. Hopefully it's ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized