WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Recovering from an accident and following your dreams.

First of all let's get my trail name out of the way. I'm sure you've heard duct tape can truly fix everything. I have a roll of duct tape with me everywhere I go. When picking a trail name one of my friends said why don't you just call yourself duct tape. So when I found out that the name "Duct Tape" was already taken I settled with Duck Tape. Oh well...

Now that that's said I can return back to my original topic.

So there I was in North Carolina on a job interview. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Dicky Gap to Damascus Virginia May 6-9 2017

by , 05-11-2017 at 13:37 (Katahdin to Kakadjo Road ME October 3-9, 2018 din)
    AT Dicky Gap to Damascus From Richmond With 2 Mile and Captain Montgomery May 6/5.2-10.2 miles hikingTravel to Mt Rogers Outfitters 4.5 Hrs Cost $55 for 3 hikersTravel to Dicky Gap1 Hr arrival @ noon Dicky Gap VA 650 mile 518.5/3829Hike 1.5 milesLunch at Comer Falls which was full of water! Next was a flat and slightly descending 4.4 miles then Ascend 1350' Iron Mtn 3 miles; descend 2.5 milesThe trail was easy hiking despite the expected rainfall that came at 3pm when we arrived at shelter. We ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Trail Magic - Max Patch - April 15th weekend

Quote Originally Posted by -Rush- View Post
    Trail magic should be magical, not a big festival at a gap or other known area. I don't usually eat their food, but I'll grab a soda or energy drink. If you want to be part of real magic here are a few ideas:

Position yourself with a cooler full of Gatorade at:

- the top of Kelly Knob, Courthouse Bald, or some other ass-kicking climb.
    - down a blue blaze leading to a view that most hikers should see.
    - spell a number combo with rocks/sticks on the ground
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Appalachian Trail - Compton Gap to Gravel Springs - Columnar Jointing Formation

This hike is in the northern most section of Shenandoah National Park and ascends Compton Peak where there is a unique rock formation called Columnar Jointing. I’ve included some links below describing the formation. The hike to visit the formation is 2.4 miles round trip and has 835 feet of elevation gain to hike. The parking is very good at mile marker 10.5 and the hike well worth it just to visit the rock formation. The hike guide can be found ...
  5. whats your favorite protein bar and why?

Quote Originally Posted by -Rush- View Post
    14oz Ribeye Medium-Rare
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 48 of 596 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 98 148 548 ... LastLast