WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Day 83: Slack Pack SOBO back to Glasgow

Today I have a short day of 11 miles from Punchbowl Road back to Glasgow. Start the day of with a climb then it’s all downhill. I don’t know why, but I guess I’ve never been the first one to blaze the trail. I walked through so many freakin spider webs it was ridiculous. Luckily it only last 2 miles then I passed another hiker going NOBO. Made it back to the bridge about 2pm. Got one last dinner at the only restaurant in town. While I was there the storm came in. Raining absolute cats and dogs. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Day 82: Slack Pack into Glasgow

Today I have 17 miles to officially make it into Glasgow. Thankfully it’s mostly downhill, so it shouldn’t be that bad. Also looks like it shouldn’t rain today which will be nice. Tried to give a time for pick up with some cushion, so there wouldn’t be any issues this time. Told them 4pm and made it to the parking lot by 3:40pm. Unfortunately, the shuttle didn’t get there till 4:30 and apparently the last one left at 3:30 so I just missed it. Oh well. One of the things I’m trying to learn out here ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. It's been a while, hasn't it?

My records show that I have not done back-packing on the A.T. since July of 2019. That's a long time! Last year I did get in some day hikes on The Trail, but the total distance was a mere 18.6 miles. This last week I got just under 13 miles in about 48 hours of finding out my trail legs have lost quite a bit of zip.

My planning continues to be (1) driving to that point on the A.T. that I have not yet hiked, (2) parking to this Point A, (3) getting a shuttle from Point A to Point B, ...
    Tags: 6ary9jgg Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Day 81: Zero in Glasgow

Today I was going to do the 17 mile slack pack into Glasgow, but didn’t feel up to it. It was suppose to rain/storm all day so I decided to zero and chill. When I was going through my stuff I realized I didn’t have my thru hiker book. I have been using it as a souvenir book. Marking where I camp each night, getting it stamped and getting stickers. I would be so mad and upset to have lost it. I remembered that I got it stamped at the campground yesterday and then to it to the lounge room. I must ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Day 80: Big Climb

Woke up this morning pretty much having decided to quit the trail. Parted of me wanted to cut back my mileage and continue to at least Harper’s Ferry, but once I felt done it was hard to be motivated to continue hiking. I spent the morning talking to hikers telling them my plan. Some tried to convince me to stay, some seemed content with my reasoning. The breakfast the campground made was amazing. I don’t think I have ever had a better biscuit in my life. On the ride back to the trail we saw a baby ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 7 of 596 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 507 ... LastLast