WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Considering an Alternative Thru-Hike for 2016

Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Klynn View Post
    I'm really worried about the river crossings, and don't want to be alone when I do them.
    I am unaware of any super dangerous river crossing. Of course I only have New England experience. Here us a bit of advice on that. First and foremost, do not be afraid to get wet. Getting wet is often the safest option. Rock hopping can be hazardous. Do not seek the calmest water. Calm water often means deep. Think volume of water through area. If the spot is calm and narrow in one area and rough
  2. Considering an Alternative Thru-Hike for 2016

Quote Originally Posted by HazBen View Post
    Planning and gearing up for a 2016 flip flop from Harpers Ferry to Katahdin then back to Harpers Ferry to Springer.
    I am humbled by the difficulties some of the 2015 Flip Floppers have had but I'm not detoured. Will really take it slow and steady or as the trail dictates.
    I read the entire 2015 flip Floppers Unite thread. Would love to hear news of 2015 Flip Floppers. Danger Dave how are you? How many finishers do we have?
    My husband and I plan to make reservation at Harpers Ferry
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. First test of new Atmos 65 AG

I packed the Atmos 65 AG full with just about everything I would need for an overnight trek, but wasn't planning to sleep out tonight. This was just a test of the new pack, so I could get the feel for the pack on my back when loaded to about 35 lbs. I hiked 8.5Km on the AT from Elk Pen (on Arden Valley road at the west edge of Harriman park) to LP junction, then took LP to ASB back to AT.
    I wanted not only to get a feel for the pack, but to know whether or not I could get through Lemon Squeezer ...
  4. Ammonoosuc Ravine Trail Video

Finally got a good video put together of the 1st couple days of our hike:
  5. Flip flop 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by HazBen View Post
    Hi All fellow 2016 Flip Floppers!
    My partner (TowSack) and I are planning to leave from Harpers Ferry with the 2016 Flip Flop Kick Off gang. Will make reservations somewhere as soon as the "official" Flip Flop date is set. Enjoyed our visit at the ATC on August 25th. Thanks Laurie! If it helps any about transportation just to Harpers Ferry we have looked into renting a car one way. That seems to be a good option for now. There is an enterprise rent a car in Charles Town and one
    Categories
    Uncategorized