View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Appalachian Trail Journal

I'm very excited to be hiking the AT this year! If you would like to follow along, my trail journal can be found at thegillianlife.wordpress.com.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Mt Madison (NH) Rescue

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iAmKrzys View Post
    While we are awaiting more information about this tragic accident, there is already one lesson that can be learned from this story: people who think that a helicopter will arrive half an hour after activating distress call from their PLB should rid themselves of this delusion, and the sooner the better.

Even if a helicopter arrives it is not certain that they will be able to pick up the caller - I highly recommend this winter rescue story on Rosalie Peak in Colorado: http://www.summitpost.org/rescue-on-...19-2011/701157
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Christmas, 2014

I suppose it all started Christmas, 2014. I love to read. My son does too. We exchanged books for Christmas presents. I gave him Robinson Crusoe: The Complete Adventures (Vol.1 - Vol.2), Daniel Defoe. The first volume he'd read and loved before, the second volume most people are unaware that it existed, as was true for him. He gave me Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail, Cheryl Strayed and A Walk in the Woods, Bill Bryson.

I'd read and enjoyed A Walk in the Woods ...

Updated 02-17-2015 at 01:14 by CCCCAT

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 2015 Thru-Hike Registry

Quote Originally Posted by mountain squid View Post
    Time to make it official all you 2015ers!

Trail Name Gdad
    Direction NOBO

Estimated Start Date Apr may
    Approach Trail - yes ?
    any additional info that you want the world to know

There's no turning back now! If you have the opportunity you might consider going to Trail Days this year. There are usually lots of gear vendors . . . .

If anything changes, please update via a reply to this thread or send me a PM.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Batona Trail

Getting ready for nice, COLD, thru hike... 2 more days of work...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 91 of 565 FirstFirst ... 41 81 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 101 141 191 ... LastLast