View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Son Driven

Why Son Driven?,

Father of three sons 30, 27, & 25. I am also a follower of Jesus Christ the Son of God. So I am Son Driven on two fronts.

I am planning on doing a GA-ME thru, I am planning on being on Springer Mnt. by 2/22/13, depending on weather. I plan on Sunday's being zero days, and will write a short recap of my week on Sunday's, from this day forward.

11/11/10 I was 257 pounds, diabetic, had gout, used a CPAP machine to sleep, and the Veterans ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. To hike, or not to hike, that is my question......

My boyfriend looooves the AT, we even went to harpers ferry wv to the 75th anniversary. I've been on a 6 mile hike that was fairly easy, but withOUT a pack.... He wants me to go hike the ga section with him this spring...but I have no desire to be without a shower or good food that long. Any advise?

Updated 01-18-2013 at 23:21 by cyndi

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. schedule set for start of hike 3/4/13 Springer Mtn

On 3/4/13, I will drop my wife off at Tampa Airport where she flies back to Manchester NH. I will then drive to Atlanta, drop off rental, take train to pick up point. Will then start trail on Monday AM!!
    Tags: 1'", 1 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. We made it!

We walked a total of 146 miles yesterday. It took 17 days including 2 zero days. The children did amazingly well. I had more problems then they did. My feet are doing better now. I finally took my mole skin and just used it to tape my pinky toe to the other toe and whatever was irritating it stopped. I feel confident that my children will enjoy the hiking part of the trail. Next month we will practice camping with the gear that we will be taking.

The children now think that a small ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. training for the AT thru hike 2013 :):)