WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. Everyday life

Nov 4, 2012

Trying to do seven miles a day and contend with just what comes up in everyday life is proving to be more of a challenge than I expected. Five miles a day I can knock out with great ease and stay on track with everything else. The best course of action is going to have to be changing my goal to five mile a day and more if time permits. We have tendencies to not do anything if we are not able to do it all. For this past week I have only put an average of 3 or 4 miles ...
  2. Easier sometimes to do what is needed more than what is wanted

Oct 24, 2012

Find my self day dreaming a lot on this little trail, been up and down it so many times the beautiful scenery escapes me. Believe it is time to find a new place to walk for a while. You would think becoming fit should be easy enough just get up and get out. But not only do you have to physically be able your mind (which I suppose may be the biggest challenge) has to be positioned on the right dial. I read so often on here about how it is as much a mental challenges as ...
  3. Hiking for Water So the People in Africa Don't Have To

I was talking with Hiker Hobs the other day and he recommended that I post this. Here goes:

Students from our youth group are doing a walk for water raising money to dig a water well for 420 people who live in a village within Morogoro, Tanzania. It will support that village for 20 years. I thought it was an awesome cause... But I felt I could do a little more. My son and I agreed that we could probably raise more money if we did something a little more extreme.

In ...