WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Mahoosuc Notch

Aug 21- got up around 4:30 and took a shower. Two older guys had come in after I went to bed and I didn't want to disturb them so I took my gear to the hallway to pack up. Deuces' bed had somebody else in it so I couldn't wake him at 5 like I promised. Took my stuff up to the patio. Probably a good thing the hostel doesn't have a scale. I'd be freaked out if I knew it was 50 lbs. I cooked up the rest of the polenta and eggs for breakfast and packed the butter and cheese in ziplocks and tucked them ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. First section

I joined this forum one month ago today and finished my first section hike last sunday. 8/28

This is how the hike went.

day 1: Thursday 8/25 : Ron brown dropped us off @ AFSP after giving us the run down on the water situation on the approach trail and giving my gf and I a spare water bottle and bladder that had been left on the trail. Thanks Ron!

We started at the bottom of the falls. Kelli, my girlfriends pack weighed in at 19.5lbs w/o water and mine at ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Baltimore Reality

4. a trip to the past

A friend asked what lead me to the Appalachian trail so i want to add this story to my journal .In 1975 when i was 10 me and my dog would spend hours in the woods behind my house .Mom would pack us lunch fill our canteen and we would be off on our adventures. One night my dad gave me a book it was trail guide to the Appalachian trail it was full of maps stories of the trail ,From that day forward me and my faithful dog would spend ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. My fat story in Prevention Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by BonBon View Post
    Prevention reached out to me to do an article because of my age and weight I guess when I started the trail. Here it is. It is mostly accurate, some stuff I didn't really like. I thought the hike itself was the cool thing, but that has been written so many times. Their focus was on weight, mid life crisis, stress in my life etc. Still- here it is.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 61 of 596 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 71 111 161 561 ... LastLast