WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. FS: Hilleberg Nallo 3 GT New With Tags

Quote Originally Posted by OutnBack View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nallo 3 GT.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	26112​New with tags Nallo 3 GT for sale. Never been set up or taken out of the stuff sack. Received it as a gift last December & do not need. Retails for $830 everywhere, yours for Bumped Price of $650 with PP gift option shipped CONUS. Located in Atlanta if you would like to have a look.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. AT Experience Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    In the idea of a bucket list, what places on and off the trail should be considered essential to the AT experience? I don't mean for a thru-hiker, but for anyone interested in getting an appreciation for the AT. This could include hikes, (easy, hard, ridiculous), views, shelters, hostels, towns, individuals/legends....anything that should be checked off on a list with the heading:

I'll never hike all of the Appalachian Trail, but I've gotten to see:

....and yes,
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. NOBO in March - getting ready

Less than a month stands between me and the AT!! A few q's for you folks who have done it already..

What kind of weather should I be expecting in the southern portion during mid March? I plan on bringing a down jacket and lots of layers. Sleeping in a hammock w/ an insulation system. Hoping that's warm enough?

Also, how much water are folks carrying at any one time? I was thinking 2L and then get to water by dinner for cooking. This should work for at least the southern
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. NORO virus how it is spread, some ideas

Quote Originally Posted by 1234 View Post
    My daughter thru hiked the AT last year. She hiked in a small bubble. About half her group got the NORO virus, she did not. The group talked about the virus and what to do to not get it, yet still half did. I asked what her thoughts were on who did and who did not. 1st she washed her hands and rinsed in pumped water. Same for cooking utensils. She got sick years ago from contaminated cookware so she learned this lesson. She did not share food. She did not share other things you put in
    Tags: 1'", 1ˤˢ Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. 2014 Appalachain Trail and Pinhoti Trail Thru Hike.

Quote Originally Posted by ratherbclimbin View Post
    Also our YouTube page link is http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHnFX9jMfpgI69NVS2rIasQ for anyone who wants to keep up with our progress.
    Tags: at/pinhoti Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized