WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. Day 71: Slack Packing 21 miles

Today we a slack packing again. The terrain is harder today, so we aren’t moving as fast as we did yesterday. For some reason a few miles in I started to not feel well. I stopped to drink some water and it hurt a little in my stomach. I didn’t feel sick more of just a lack of energy. At this point we still had 15 miles to do which didn’t seem possible in the moment. I texted our shuttle driver to see what our options are. There were some closer pick up points but they were more expensive. We stopped ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Day 70: Slack Packing 20 miles

Got an early start to do our 20 mile slack pack SOBO back to Pearisburg. Started the day off with a climb, but it was switch backed really well so not too hard. Even though it’s 20 miles it’s suppose to be nice and easy. Made good time and got to Rice Field Shelter for lunch. The nice thing about going SOBO is seeing the NOBO hikers. I came across Poet and Scribe. Two brothers I hadn’t seen since the NOC. I think they have always just been a day or two ahead of me, but now I’ve caught them so hopefully ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized