WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. Day 81: Zero in Glasgow

Today I was going to do the 17 mile slack pack into Glasgow, but didn’t feel up to it. It was suppose to rain/storm all day so I decided to zero and chill. When I was going through my stuff I realized I didn’t have my thru hiker book. I have been using it as a souvenir book. Marking where I camp each night, getting it stamped and getting stickers. I would be so mad and upset to have lost it. I remembered that I got it stamped at the campground yesterday and then to it to the lounge room. I must ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Day 80: Big Climb

Woke up this morning pretty much having decided to quit the trail. Parted of me wanted to cut back my mileage and continue to at least Harper’s Ferry, but once I felt done it was hard to be motivated to continue hiking. I spent the morning talking to hikers telling them my plan. Some tried to convince me to stay, some seemed content with my reasoning. The breakfast the campground made was amazing. I don’t think I have ever had a better biscuit in my life. On the ride back to the trail we saw a baby ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Day 79: Mental Day

Today was a hard day. Not physically, not due to the terrain or weather, but mentally. Recently several hikers have decided to get off because they miss their families or aren’t enjoying the trail anymore. And the hikers that remain are talking about their own struggles. It’s nice to know I’m not the only one feeling this way, but it’s also adding to my own anxiety versus making me excited to be out here. Pickles whom I’m hiking with is really struggling and her depression is really bringing me ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized