WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Teacher & Snacktime

1. Teacher & Gumball

Gumball is my 11yr old great-nephew who has recently joined our household. He was intrigued by the stories of hiking the AT with Snacktime and wanted to give it a try. We've had several local jaunts and he seems to legitimately enjoy spending time in the woods. I was planning to start my very own section hike at Springer this fall, and told him he could join me if he was up to the challenge. In May he first set foot on the AT with a leisurely stroll along the Pochuck Boardwalk in NJ, and in June ...

Updated 11-09-2016 at 01:30 by Teacher & Snacktime

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Introducing "Toots"

Snacktime and I are gearing up for our Upper Goose Pond Cabin trail magic bag delivery trip.
    This year is going to be extra-special, as we'll be accompanied by one of our favorite hiking buds, our 6yr old cousin and grandson.

WB folks, welcome “Toots”, who'll be making the hike and learning how much fun it is to meet hikers and hand out goodies to them. So all you Thrus, Sectioners, and Dayhikers, if we happen to catch up with you on your hike, you'll be sure to receive one

Updated 12-20-2014 at 13:18 by Teacher & Snacktime

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Hillbilly Hiker

The Hillbilly Hiker

Stinkin’ of DEET and overworked feet in socks that ain’t had a washin,’
    I’m hikin’ a while for 2000 mile; it’s nasty and tough – I ain’t joshin’.
    The skeeters and bugs and them bears like the rugs and small critters that run through the lean-to,
    the heat, cold and rain and the aches and the pain make me cuss when I don’t even mean to.
    But I ain’t complainin’, just frankly explainin’ how this ain’t the fun I was thinkin’,
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 10 Weird Things Hiking the AT Does to Your Mind, Body, & Spirit....

1) I have to pull over when I'm driving past a mountain to keep from having an accident, since my mind is immediately shanghaied into imagining exactly how I would navigate the ridge....

2) I can't look at a photo or postcard of beautiful, natural places without longing to be there.

3) I seek out total strangers who could possibly understand this burgeoning obsession, because no one I know has a clue.

4) I carefully weigh my clothing/footwear and gear
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. What is it about Damascus?

Last September Snacktime and I made our first trip to Damascus. We rode the Creeper Trail and stopped at the Café and had chocolate cake. We hiked the highlands and saw wild ponies. We took photos under the arch. We ate at the Blue Blaze and met "Mayor", had shakes at Dairy King and smoothies at MoJo. We visited Mt. Rogers Outfitters and Sun Dog Outfitters. We visited The Place and met Atlas along with stinky and wonderful hikers and cyclists enjoying their adventures. We stayed

Updated 07-29-2014 at 23:27 by Teacher & Snacktime

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast