WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. My Tea Light Stove and Toaks 450ml Titanium Cup Cook Kit

This is a quick overview of my lightweight small stove setup. It consists of a tea light stove that weighs only 2 grams including the integrated cup stand, a Toaks Titanium 450ml cup (70g), Batchstovez 450ml Lid (15g), carbon felt windscreen (27g), small lighter (11g) and fuel bottle (37g full) - 162g total for the setup (125g without fuel). The stove will typically bring a cup of water to a boil in under 5 minutes and is perfect for making oatmeal, ...

Updated 04-10-2016 at 21:27 by Kaptainkriz

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Batchstovez 450ml Lid Review for Toaks Titanium 450ml Cup

This is a review of the Batchstovez 450ml Lid for 450ml pots and cups. Specifically, this lid fits the Toaks 450ml Titanium Cup perfectly. Many sites sell the Toaks 450ml cup without the lid, although I’m starting to see the cup offered with a lid periodically on eBay. For those looking for a light lid that fits perfectly, this is it. The lid is lightweight aluminum and weighs 15g, it is made in the USA by Sam at Batchstovez, and it only costs ...

Updated 04-10-2016 at 21:27 by Kaptainkriz

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Hiking Georgia in mid-May

Quote Originally Posted by Dog1 View Post
    What's the weather like in Georgia mid-May. Nights ? Days?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Travis McGee, John Muir, and me, still in Cedar Key 7

My pal Lefty ain't no rookie. He literally, has been there and done that all over the world. In fact, I can sit and listen to him tell stories of the people he's known and the places he's been for hours. He's that guy you want around when things start to go south and you need a little back up. We have been in some tight spots together and he's never let me down. When I started thinking of hiking from Springer Mountain to Harpers Ferry he was the only person I asked to join me. Other than him, I ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Travis McGee, John Muir, and me, still in Cedar Key 6

The weather report this morning when we rose at 5:00 am called for 46 cool degrees. This is fairly typical this time of year in north coastal Florida. It's also a welcomed change from the warm, humid mornings we have been dealing with. Long pants made our five mile walk around the island a little more comfortable but as our cores heated up and we began to feel overdressed. In Florida the tenacity of a particular winter depends on how many times it is necessary to wear long pants. They'll be ...

Updated 01-04-2016 at 09:47 by CedarKeyHiker

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 93 of 596 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 103 143 193 593 ... LastLast