WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. January Thru Hiker Needs Company

Quote Originally Posted by P0PS View Post
    In celebration of my 70th birthday I intend to start at Springer in mid January and finish at Katahdin after its opening, June 1. So far, I am a group of one, looking to gather a few more by departure time. Otherwise, I'll just count on later encounters along the trail. Respond here if you are interested in joining me. I'm hlsodom on FB.:banana
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Would like to develope new thru hiker hostel

Quote Originally Posted by Alex123 View Post
    Hey, new at this, but have many years experience, blood, sweat, tears and all that goes along with parenting, relationships, and now developing womething for my dad and i to use some land, older hunting cabin with water,electric and 4 miles from unicoi gap in ga. Any sugestions and ideas would be helpful. My last lodgeing experience was on little stsimons island, lots of great memories and friends made at that wonderful place. Alex
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Breathe Freely with a Good Quality Air Purifier

Air purifiers are the devices used to eliminate harmful pollutants as well as particles from the air. They can help make the air that you and your family breathe much cleaner if you use one at your home. When it comes to buying an air purifier, the best option is to search at different online stores. These online stores can provide you with the best quality machine at the lowest prices. But before buying an air purifier it is important to understand the mechanics and the inner workings to ensure ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Training

We are back up to 5 laps around the park. Today we found out that the whole excursion is 2.5 miles roughly, it's a little more. My 10 year old has decided his trail name is Spicy Dorito since that's his favorite chip and my oldest name is Indiana Jones since he is in for an adventure. My daughter is sticking with Monarch for now since it's her favorite butterfly. Monarch and Spicy D. actually decided to run the five laps around the park today, they took a break after each lap but I still think that ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. BackPack is repacked and ready

Took out what i believe i can do without and got the pack weight down considerable. Wish i didn't have to eat the food weight will be high first few days of each re-supply.

All items with a * means I've used this item on passed trips.

*Pack, Ospray "Atomos 65" 3 lb 11.0 oz
    *TarpTent, Rainshadow 2 2 lb 11.0 oz
    *4mil ground sheet 9.2 oz
    *Sleeping Back "Cat's Meow" ...
    Tags: pack weight Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized