WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Day 72: Virginia Blues

Today we slept in an extra hour due to our late day yesterday. Packed up and left Angel’s Rest by 8:30am. Got a shuttle back to trail. We are going to play today by ear. There’s a shelter at 10 miles and we’ll go from there. Today starts with a climb. After a zero and 2 days of slack packing, I have to get use to my pack again. It was a struggle. I drank all my water and had to go .4 miles off trail to get more. Even the flat ridge was rocky which made it challenging. I took a lot of breaks today ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Day 71: Slack Packing 21 miles

Today we a slack packing again. The terrain is harder today, so we aren’t moving as fast as we did yesterday. For some reason a few miles in I started to not feel well. I stopped to drink some water and it hurt a little in my stomach. I didn’t feel sick more of just a lack of energy. At this point we still had 15 miles to do which didn’t seem possible in the moment. I texted our shuttle driver to see what our options are. There were some closer pick up points but they were more expensive. We stopped ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Day 70: Slack Packing 20 miles

Got an early start to do our 20 mile slack pack SOBO back to Pearisburg. Started the day off with a climb, but it was switch backed really well so not too hard. Even though it’s 20 miles it’s suppose to be nice and easy. Made good time and got to Rice Field Shelter for lunch. The nice thing about going SOBO is seeing the NOBO hikers. I came across Poet and Scribe. Two brothers I hadn’t seen since the NOC. I think they have always just been a day or two ahead of me, but now I’ve caught them so hopefully ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Day 69: Zero Day at Angels Rest

Taking a zero today at Angels Rest in Pearisburg. Tried to get my second COVID shot, but they wouldn’t let me get it one day early and they are closed tomorrow for Memorial Day. So I’ll have to coordinate that in Daleville. Watched Jurassic Park and chilled around the hostel all day.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Day 68: Easy day to Angel’s Rest Hiker Haven

Today is only 11 miles to Pearisburg. It’s flat and mostly downhill. Woods Hole served breakfast at 8am, so we were on trail by 9am. I felt good and the terrain was easy, so I powered through and made it to Pearisburg by 2pm. Checked into the bunk room and got settled in. The Food Lion is in walking distance, so resupplied for my zero tomorrow. Angel’s Rest offers a 20 mile slack pack that I think we will do Monday after our zero.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C0B7468F-5E2F-4998-9402-26843AD0B2F4.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	48292
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast