WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Day 77: Cautionary Zero

Taking another zero today in case I have a reaction. Didn’t get a fever or anything but didn’t have much energy. Spent the day in the room chilling. Surprisingly most of the other hikers I know did a 2nd zero as well, so it didn’t really set me back which feels nice.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Day 76: 2nd COVID Vaccine

Today’s goal is to get my 2nd COVID shot. Needs to be Moderna and so far every place I’ve called only has Phizer. Started the day slow since most places weren’t open yet on a Sunday. Had lunch at the Three Little Pigs and then went to Kroger to resupply. When I got back to the hotel there was a group getting a shuttle into Roanoke. I decided to jump on since I knew that was were I needed to get to find my shot. Finally found a CVS that had Moderna and could fit me in that day, so I got an Uber. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Day 75: McAfee Knob

A group is getting there packs brought to Daleville and then slack packing there. We decided to jump on that. It is 26 miles and we had originally planned to take 2 days to do that section, but I hear the terrain isn’t that bad. Plus I need to get my second COVID shot and will need to take 2 zeros for that, so this will make up time. We got started about 7:30am. Sun sets about 8:45pm, so we want to give ourselves as much time as we can so we’re not night hiking. Started out the day breezing through ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Day 74: 700 miles and Dragon’s Tooth

After yesterday’s zero I’m ready to get back at it and slack pack the 15 miles to 4 Pines Hostel. The start today was smooth and the ups not that bad. Made it to Dragon’s Tooth in the afternoon. Lots of people climb it and get there picture on the top, but I took one step and freaked. It is very slick rock and a very long drop if you fall. I did not have the confidence to even try. The next mile is exactly what the other hikers mentioned. It was rocky and a lot of rock scrambles. Thankful I don’t ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Day 73: Zero at 4 Pines Hostel

Today started out great. The hostel staff made eggs and waffles. The waffles were especially good. The weather update this morning looks more favorable than it did last night, but I’m already in a zero mindset so I don’t want to gear up and hike. So I guess it’s more of a mental health day than a weather day. LOL. Chilled around the hostel all morning. There are chickens and some kind of hens here, so I collected eggs from the hen house and the yard. Did some chores, but mostly laid around. The ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast