WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Tuesday March 9, 2021, 5:55 pm

Yesterday was a challenging day. Alot of climbing. Climbed Mt. Sassafras. How bad could a mountain be that has a name like Sassafras??!! It was a tough climb! It is only 3300 feet, but a steep climb.

Stayed at Gooch Mt shelter in our tents. When we arrived at 4 pm, the tent area was almost full. We shared a tent pad with a woman named Sam. Next to us were two older women (I forget their names). We saw them on the trail and they were moving at a quick pace, even though they didn't ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. March 7, 2021, 6:40 pm

As I am writing this, I am listening to a coyote howl on the hill opposite to where we are camped. It is very cool! What a great way to start off our first night!

Overall the first night was very good. PJ Servey dropped us off in the parking lot on Springer Mountain, the southern terminus of the AT and the starting point for most northbounders. Brad has such a good son! Brad is right about all the good things he says about PJ. He left us at 9:30 am, after a great breakfast at the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. March 7, 2021, 3:27 am

Brad's son, PJ, Brad and I had a great meal last night at a pub in Elijah, GA. We went to our hotel and settled in for the night. I woke up about 15 minutes ago and haven't been able to go to sleep again. Too much anticipation! I'm anxious to get started and also fearful of the unknown. But I'm ready to move forward and do my best.

Brad and I spoke to Joe Freeman last night. Joe is a high school friend who may join us at some point on the trail, most likely New Hampshire, Maine, or ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Welcome to my blog

Our journey begins in a few days, on March 7th. If you don't know anything about thru hiking the Appalachian Trail, it is 2,190 miles long. A person can either start at Springer Mountain in Georgia or at Mt. Katahdin in Maine. Or any place in between, as long as you the complete the entire trail. There is no wrong way to start. We will be starting at Springer Mountain in Georgia. We anticipate that the trip will take us from 5 to 6 months or more.

Why thru hike the AT? Three people ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Test

Testing my journal post
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9