WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

2010 Pre Hike blogs

Pre hike blogs

1. Life changing

I am glad to announce that I have every piece of gear to start my thru hike now. I am so ready for this. Tomorrow morning I am getting my AT tattoo and then off to get my haircut. I was told by a good friend that after these are done I will be a new man. We’ll see about that.

I have only two more weeks of work left. I am just over a month away from my start date.

I have been exchanging emails and chats with some other hikers that I am really looking forward ...

Updated 02-12-2010 at 18:57 by attroll

Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  2. Moving along

Drama, drama, drama, I have a lot of that going on right now. I promise everyone and myself that it will not end my thru hike.

I have three days of vacation left at work. I took two of them next week at the end of the week. I scheduled an appointment next Friday morning to get an AT tattoo.

I am trying to get a haircut appointment next Friday afternoon also. Someone recommended to me that I should get the tattoo and haircut on the same day and I would be a new man. ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  3. Final notice responce

Well, I gave my notice at work yesterday. It went something like this.

This is my unofficial notice. My last day at work will be 26 Feb. My official notice will commence on 15 Feb.

They told me today that it had to be an official letter to the company. Can you believe that? I was try to be nice and give them a month notice and they have to come back and say that is not good enough. Maybe I should just give them the official letter on 25 Feb, the day before my last ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  4. Gave my notice

I made the next step forward today towards my thru hike. I turn in my notice at work this morning. 26 Feb is my last day of work. I am stepping a little closer to the point of no return.

I have been very nervous in the past but that is starting to change now. I am getting very excited about starting now. I cannot wait. I don’t think it can come fast enough now.

I am going to start working out a little more now that the time is getting closer. I am working out more ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  5. Returing pack and hair cut coming

I got my new pack today. I should say the right size pack today. I ordered the wrong size the first time. I really love this pack. The hip belt is a problem for me though. It is too wide for me. I am bummed because I really like the pack. The width of the belt does not feel right on me but the pockets on it are awesome.

It looks like I am going to stick with starting out with my Osprey Aether 70. I like that pack as well but the hip belt also presents a slight problem. There are ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast