WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

zachzz12

1. Third section (4/16/2017) - Finish GA , gets trail name, epic trail magic

52.9 Unicoi Gap-85.4 Deep Gap- Kimsey Creek Trail

we, my gf Kelli and I, upgraded the gear closet for this one and finally grasped the concept of “every ounce counts”. This would be our first time using our new BA Fly creek ul2. Shaving some serious weight, considering our last 2 trips I carried a ~9-10lb 4p MARMOT Limelight tent. Kelli was hiking with the REI FLASH ul 2 for the first time as well. Which she was not a fan of because of the flimsy support and the way some rigid fabric ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. second section (25th Birthday ) 10/16

Second trip to the trail

October 13-16 2016

Woody Gap (20.8) - Unicoi Gap (52.9)

Zach kelli zoey and Dave 4 virgin hikers

We planned to continue from Woody's gap ( where we left off after our first visit) to Unicoi Gap. This time I was able to recruit a small party of friends to join us for my birthday . There were 7 of us and one dog Zoey . we drove up late Thursday night to get to woodys gap parking spot and set up camp late ~2 am .
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. First section

I joined this forum one month ago today and finished my first section hike last sunday. 8/28

This is how the hike went.

day 1: Thursday 8/25 : Ron brown dropped us off @ AFSP after giving us the run down on the water situation on the approach trail and giving my gf and I a spare water bottle and bladder that had been left on the trail. Thanks Ron!

We started at the bottom of the falls. Kelli, my girlfriends pack weighed in at 19.5lbs w/o water and mine at ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized