WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Sailor Pete

1. Day 13 Franklin, NC Very nice Hiker friendly town!

Day 13 on the AT mile 109. AT&T connectivity has been very poor in the mountains, I will get these out as I can.

After a lovely stay in a hotel and a huge T-bone steak for dinner in Haiwasse with Stephanie, I was back on trail early Saturday morning. With new insoles in my boots I finally had some relief for my blisters and managed a 12 mile day. By afternoon the weather started to change with showers as I hiked into the clouds. By afternoon I'd reached the northern ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	528 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	34350   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	518 
Size:	923.0 KB 
ID:	34351   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	553 
Size:	936.3 KB 
ID:	34352   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	448 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	34353  
  2. Day -1 Springer Mountain

Happy St. Patrick's day from the Springer mountain shelter. 12 person shelter empty when I arrived. Day 1 -7.7 miles about 5 hour. Absolutely beautiful day! Temps in the hi 60's. I hope the ibuprofen kicks in soon.
    Categories
    Uncategorized

Views:	579 
Size:	2.26 MB 
ID:	34227   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	639 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	34228  
  3. Day -5 Neptune Beach, FL

I've been taking care of "Honey do's" the past week. As I've alway said, "You don't have to remind me every six months, I'll get it done"... and I have!

It has been very good to have these other projects to concentrate on as the start gets nearer. I've been obsessing enough the past months, I'm ready as I can be for the start on St. Patrick's day.

I'm close enough to the start to be able to the weather at: http://www.atweather.org/precip_discussion ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Day -10 Neptune Beach, FL

I'm excited about getting started. Weather on the trail looks very good for the next week, with warm days and very mild nights. Would be nice if it will hold for my start on the 17th.

My preps are pretty much completed. Trying to get my load down to around 25lbs without food or water added in. Close, but still need to loose about another pound. My biggest luxury is a Kindle Paperwhite, I enjoy books way too much to leave that behind.

I thought about ditching some of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized

Name:	IMG_0319.jpg 
Views:	431 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	33988