WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

jcpbnp

1. Second Prep Hike

Went back out to the UWF Trails on Thursday and did 12.72 miles in 4 hours. Total prep miles: 22.99. Ditched the Salomans and wore my Brooks Pureflows instead. Much better comfort wise, and my feet didn't hurt afterwards.

Using my IPhone again, this time I turned on the airplane mode, still ran the Endomondo app and went from 97% charged to 71% charged. Plan to buy and carry a portable charger.

Bought my first piece of equipment; an REI Flash 45 backpack. It's a large ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. First Prep Hike

Yesterday I did 10.27 miles in 3 hours 28 minutes at the UWF Trail here in Pensacola. This was my first hike in preparation for the AT trip, and there will be plenty more. Wore some old Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultras that I've had for a few years and the soles are coming off. Will need to replace them. Feet were fine until the 9 mile mark when my toes started aching. Afterwards the ball of my feet also ached.

Carried my IPhone 6 and while running the Endomondo app and checking FB several ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Random First Thoughts By Me

I have thought about hiking on the AT for about two or so years now. I have the time and to a point the money, so why not. Not sure about a thru hike, so for now I'm planning to do a week, maybe more or maybe less. I'll start at Amicalola Falls with no plan on distance. Like I said, I plan to hike for a week or seven days, maybe more, maybe less. Currently, my start date is 30 April 2016. I live in Pensacola, Florida with my wife and we are both retired. I'm 53 years old. We only have one car, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized