WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

ElizabethClose

1. Done . . .

Not sure who-all might be keeping up with my journals, but wanted to let everybody know I've decided not to complete my through hike this year
    Tags: 1'", 1ˤˢ Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. New Hampshire is History, baby!

September 11-Sunday. It had rained quite a bit overnight so I hoped it was done. Packed up by 7 and met the shuttle from hikers welcome hostel. They took my pack back to glencliff and I headed south slack packing over Mousalauke. About 30 minutes up the mountain it started to rain, then to Pour, then lightening and thunder. I was soaked through and half blinded as my glasses fogged over and I didn't want to try to dry them until it stopped. I got 1.3 miles to the shelter and stopped in to wait an ...

Updated 09-16-2016 at 05:14 by ElizabethClose

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Sunny Presidentials and Foggy Franconia

Sept 4-Sunday. Got up and cooked breakfast in the dark. My belly was so full I decided to let it settle before starting so I laid in my hammock and read for an hour. At 6 I broke camp and realized the pole I left by the trail to signal ginger tiger had disappeared. Rats! I tried to hike with one pole for a while but it threw me off balance so I picked up a stick and hiked with that all day. I passed Nathan and got a pic. I passed Tau but I could tell he didn't remember me. I got to osgood campsite ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. September already? Sheesh!!

September 1- wow, it's September. It rained a little overnight and I was, once again, very thankful for my Warbonnet Superfly as I had dry gear and a dry space to pack up. Called out sunrise to everybody at 5:45, some grumbly replies but no faces. I left at 6 and barely walked 20 feet before the rocky outcrop opened up in front of me and I saw the sunrise. Beautiful!! Unfortunately I had some urgent business and needed to get down off the alpine zone ASAP. Even more unfortunately, there was a steep ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. September already? Sheesh!!

duplicate entry :-(

Updated 09-10-2016 at 11:49 by ElizabethClose (duplicate entry)

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast