WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

VSkyOnTheTrail

1. V.Sky on the Trail

Hey folks! Tick tock- tick tock! March 28 is around the corner. So if you'd like to follow along my journey, you all can go throw a "like" at my facebook blogger page that I'll be using to coordinate all of my social media into one, familiar, easy-to-navigate avenue.

Thanks in advance!

V.Sky

https://www.facebook.com/vskyonthetrail/
  2. 2 weeks 6 days out

I think that I'm more anxious than excited. I'm 1 week past my final day at work and I feel like I've been completely removed from thinking about my next 6 months on the trail. We just went through a move at home. Some unfortunate events happened with the move that set us back financially, slightly.

Long story short, our moving truck was stolen from the gas pump as I aired the tires in my M3. Luckily, the truck was empty of household items but unluckily, my new iPhone 6s Plus ...
  3. Decided on a date (unofficially)

I've unofficially made an official date to step out on the trail: Monday, March 21, 2016. I've also put in for a leave of absence at work, with my last day officially being Thursday, February 25, 2016. That's 54 days to the end of work and 79 days until I leave Springer Mountain.

Everything is happening more quickly now. I'm not ready yet. I don't have all of the gear that I'm going to need. Got some things for Christmas but will have to return some things due to weight restrictions ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 2016 Thru-Hike Registry

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealVSky View Post

Trail Name -- No Trail name yet
    Direction -- NoBo

Estimated Start Date -- Feb 29-Apr 1 (uncertain)
    Approach Trail -- yes

Hi Everyone! I'm Paull (yep, 2 L's) and this is my first post! I've been reading the forums for a while now, I've just never actually registered to comment until now. Well, I've made the commitment to a 2016 Thru-Hike.

He's the backstory:
    My 15.5 year old dog that I've had since he was 5 weeks old in February
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1066.jpg 
Views:	518 
Size:	482.1 KB 
ID:	31800