WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Kaptainkriz

1. Gathland State Park to Rocky Run Shelter - MD Appalachian Trail

Decided to complete the section of the Appalachian Trail between Gathland State Park at Crampton Gap, South Mountain in Maryland to Rocky Run shelter near Boonsboro, Maryland. The total section distance was 5.4 miles. We hiked this as an in and out with some blue blaze for a total of 11 miles and one night at Rocky Run shelter. Gathland State Park is a beautiful park with public restrooms, piped water available in winter, and a picnic pavilion. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Snickers Gap to Raven Rocks

Had a free day and after seeing the great videos posted by Smell N Roses and Peakbaggers for Cancer (RidgeWalker), I decided to hike from Snickers Gap north to Raven Rocks and back. This is a great portion of the trail with lots of places to camp as well as great views at Raven Rocks. There is a nice spring in the second valley on the way up to the peak and also some cool rock formations and under-rock water noises. I had originally planned to stay overnight up ...

Updated 04-10-2016 at 21:26 by Kaptainkriz

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Washington DC Cherry Blossoms 2016 - Hike Around the Tidal Basin

Decided we would do a little urban hiking and visit the Cherry Blossoms at the Tidal Basin in Washington DC. 24 March 2016 was predicted to be the peak and it looks like the guessers came pretty close. The weather was beautiful and the blossoms looked great. We took a bunch of photos along the way from the Metro at Washington Reagan National Airport to the Smithsonian stop and our “hike” around the Tidal Basin. On our way around, we stopped at ...

Updated 04-10-2016 at 21:26 by Kaptainkriz

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. My Tea Light Stove and Toaks 450ml Titanium Cup Cook Kit

This is a quick overview of my lightweight small stove setup. It consists of a tea light stove that weighs only 2 grams including the integrated cup stand, a Toaks Titanium 450ml cup (70g), Batchstovez 450ml Lid (15g), carbon felt windscreen (27g), small lighter (11g) and fuel bottle (37g full) - 162g total for the setup (125g without fuel). The stove will typically bring a cup of water to a boil in under 5 minutes and is perfect for making oatmeal, ...

Updated 04-10-2016 at 21:27 by Kaptainkriz

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Batchstovez 450ml Lid Review for Toaks Titanium 450ml Cup

This is a review of the Batchstovez 450ml Lid for 450ml pots and cups. Specifically, this lid fits the Toaks 450ml Titanium Cup perfectly. Many sites sell the Toaks 450ml cup without the lid, although I’m starting to see the cup offered with a lid periodically on eBay. For those looking for a light lid that fits perfectly, this is it. The lid is lightweight aluminum and weighs 15g, it is made in the USA by Sam at Batchstovez, and it only costs ...

Updated 04-10-2016 at 21:27 by Kaptainkriz

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast