WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Kaptainkriz

1. Wind Gap to Lehigh Gap - Leroy Smith Shelter and Spring - Appalachian Trail Pennsylva

This hike continues South from Wind Gap to Lehigh Gap along the Appalachian Trail in PA. This is approximately 22 miles long with some campsites at the Delph Spring blue blaze trail intersection 10.7 miles in the middle. Leroy Smith shelter was nice, although on the small side. We ate lunch there and continued our hike South. The trail to Stempa Spring was labeled as being long and steep, so we passed it by to stay on schedule. Delph Spring is labeled ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Section Hike: Deer Lick Shelter - Antietam Shelter - Appalachian Trail Pennsylvania

This was a nice 15 mile in and out to complete this small section of trail between Pen Mar and Tumbling Run Shelter. I parked on the small, but very nice, parking on PA 16 just a couple miles North of Pen Mar and started North on the AT from there. There is a nice stream, picnic bench, and a nature trail located at that parking area. Goal for the day was to hike North up to Tumbling Run Shelter and stay overnight at one of the other shelters on the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Three Ridges Wilderness AT – Maupin Field Shelter Harpers Creek Shelter

This is an outstanding 14.5 mile loop hike that takes you from the parking at Reeds Gap South along the Appalachian Trail through the Three Ridges Wilderness and then back via the blue blazed Mau-Har Trail along Campbell Creek. The return via the Mau-Har Trail is very difficult at the top (North) end as you work your way back to the Maupin Field Shelter. Both the Maupin Field Shelter and the Harpers Creek Shelter have outstanding water and tent sites. ...
    Tags: 1'", 1ΐ§ΐ’ Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Pine Grove Furnace State Park to James Fry Shelter

Not seen very many posts on the journal lately - l continue to add miles to my journey, this time another 7.5 in southern PA. A little snow made for some moist feet. Day 2 was a bit frozen, glad I had my spikes.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Birch Run Shelter to Quarry Gap Shelter

Day 2 of my winter hike of the AT in Michaux State Forest.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast