WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Kaptainkriz

1. Day 1 of 4 in the Whites - Franconia Ridge

Alpha-Gal and M2 planned this as a 4 day hike from Franconia Notch to Crawford Notch using the Hut system for overnights. Day 1 is from the Liberty Springs Trailhead up to the Franconia Ridge Trail and back down to Greenleaf Hut. This hike passes over the summits of Little Haystack Mountain, Mount Lincoln, and Mount Lafayette. Alpha-Gal and M2 made a quick stop for lunch at the Liberty Springs Tentsite and checked out the spring and privy ...
  2. Phillip’s Canyon Campsite to Eagles Nest Shelter and Sand Spring – AT PA

Day 3: After a night of storms and an odd encounter with a Mennonite hiker, KrizAkoni continues South on the AT with Southbound long section hiker Brant & Garvey (Garvey is Brant’s dog) and “Sweeps”. The group continues South about 5 miles to Eagles Nest Shelter for second breakfast and then continues 1.5 miles to Sand Spring. A large black snake surprised Sweeps. We continued South another 5.7 miles and then parted ways with Brant and Garvey ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Port Clinton to Phillip’s Canyon Spring – Pocahontas Spring – AT Pennsylvania

Day 2: KrizAkoni continues South on the AT from Reservoir Road with Southbound long section hiker Brant & Garvey (Garvey is Brant’s dog) and “Sweeps”. The group travels South to Phillip’s Canyon Spring to make camp. The trip to the spring is extraordinarily precarious – watch us try to get water from this one, LoL.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. High Point State Park – Pochuck Mountain Shelter – Swamp Boardwalk 1338.0 - 1358.7

This was originally planned as a hike where I meet up with fellow YouTuber Uncle Paul and do a bit of a collaboration. 2 days, 12 miles, 3 targets, in and out. There is always a risk of missing the rendezvous when trying to meet up on the trail with moving hikers. As fate would have it, schedules diverged and we were not able to meet up.
    What unfolded afterward I could only attribute to the Appalachian Trail evolving my sense of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Hog Camp Gap to Cow Camp Gap Shelter – Cole Mountain View

This was Day 2 of a planned three day hike on the AT South, from The Priest Shelter, where I left off on my southbound trek. On day 2 I hiked from Seeley Woodworth Shelter to The Priest Shelter, and then hiked back to the upper parking of Crabtree Falls on Meadows Lane (4x4 recommended). From there I drove around to Hog Camp Gap on USFS 48 (another 1 lane dirt road but passable with a normal car) and hiked South to Cow Camp Gap Shelter. The ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast