WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Kaptainkriz

1. Grayson Highlands and Mount Rogers Hike

This was stuck in my drafts from 12 October 2015, finally learning how to use this blog better and released it.
    Weekend hike from Massie Gap in Grayson Highlands State Park to Mount Rogers. It was rainy and very soggy on the hike up on the 1st day. Things cleared out great for the second day and the views were spectacular. We hiked mostly on the Appalachian Trail and stayed overnight in a tent next to the Thomas Knob shelter. The shelter

Updated 12-30-2015 at 16:41 by Kaptainkriz

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Bulin BL3000-F2 lightweight portable lantern

This is a review of the Bulin BL3000-F2 lightweight portable lantern. In the box is the lantern with a removable 18” hanging chain, an adapter for butane canister to lindal valve (camp gas canister), three mantles, and a small plastic storage box. It’s a great little lantern with a metal globe that won’t break like the more common glass globes. It weighs 149g with the chain, which seemed a bit heavy (17g), so I removed it. The lantern itself weighs ...

Updated 04-10-2016 at 21:28 by Kaptainkriz

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Turner's Gap to Rocky Run Shelter

Video of a very quick section hike in and around Turner’s Gap from Dahlgren Backpackers Campground to Rocky Run Shelter and up and back from the Washington Monument parking lot, about 8.1 miles. Overnight was at the Dahlgren Backpackers Campground. Very nice, with well water at the restroom that has heated showers and there is also a winter/frost free spigot just up the service road. We ate at the Old South Mountain Inn in Boonsboro. Excellent Sunday morning brunch! ...

Updated 04-10-2016 at 21:29 by Kaptainkriz

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Harpers Ferry to Ed Garvey Shelter

Hiked from Harpers Ferry up the Appalachian Trail to Ed Garvey Shelter over the weekend. Overnight parking was easy at the main visitors center for Harpers Ferry and they have a free bus that takes you downtown. Food was good, I ate a burger and an ice cream cone on the way out....had fries and ice cream when I got back.
    The views from Weverton Cliffs were awesome, as were the river views along the canal path. Ed Garvey shelter was ...

Updated 04-10-2016 at 21:29 by Kaptainkriz

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Video - Descent down the Jewell Trail from Lakes of the Clouds Hut

This is the second video of our Mount Washington hike, showing the descent down from Lakes of the Clouds Hut. We took the Crawford, Westside, Gulfside, and Jewell Trails down to the Ammonoosuc trailhead parking.

Updated 09-24-2015 at 06:00 by Kaptainkriz

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast