WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Tents

I am using the Zpack Duplex for the first part of the trip. When my wife joins me in PA we will switch to a Copper Spur UL3. My pack weight with food and water is right at 30lbs but I will continue to trim. My test hike was 25 lbs and that was comfortable. I am praying for all the hikers out there now, hope they have a safe a peaceful journey.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Ordered my tent

I have a ZPacks Duplex on the way and that should help with some of the weight issues. I also just received a down quilt that is much lighter than my other bag. I have been breaking in my by mid boots and my trail runners and doing steps while the weather is bad. Organizing my mail drops too. I leave in early May so kind of a late start but must for work. Hope to see you all on the trail.
    Pappy
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Planning Stage

Have just about everything for gear. Looking at the planning stage now. My wife and son and his family will join me for a few weeks at different places on the route. Leaving late due to job, May 3.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Boots, Shoes or Trail Runners, That is the question.

At 6'5" and 275lbs planning on a 30lb pack fully loaded for a 2016 Thru Hike. Research is saying a heavier piece of footwear but I am worried about tired legs from heavy shoes. Any advice?
    Categories
    Uncategorized