WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

JBandStacy2014

1. To further add to Redemption's Post

As Stacy mentioned, we are prepping for another trail. Even I have to admit that this is a trail that I am not as prepared for. I learned and prepared for the AT for almost three complete years before setting out for it. The Florida Trail, I know a little about, but not as much as the AT. The FT will be different, and my experience in Florida will be helpful however. Florida was my home prior to her and I's recent moving around the country. I know personally from my experience there that my knee ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Florida...huh?

So...once again I find myself prepping for another trail. Unfortunately, it's not the trail we originally planned for BUT we are still excited. I am assuming most of you know why we left the AT, but if you don't, let me briefly explain.We were leaving Three Forks, looking forward to a short 4 mile day and taking our time to talk with section hikers and take in the beautiful surroundings. About 15 minutes into this hike, TD being about 30 feet in front of me, suddenly stopped and I knew there was ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. From the AT to the FT back to the AT....

Well, it was just a week ago or so that we were hiking the Appalachian Trail. As many knows, in life, things can change in a flash. Throughout this journal, I will explain what happened on the AT and further discuss our journey on the Florida Trail. We will be starting SOBO on the Florida Trail on January 1, 2015. We will be back on the Appalachian Trail in March of 2015 if we finish the Florida Trail quick enough. The flat ground will give my knee time to heal.Tear Drop
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. An Update

Following our exit from Helen, my injured knee continued to swell. With that being said, it was impossible to climb mountains and we were forced off the trail. We made it quite some ways, but now must lighten our packs and look after my knee. We got an extended stay hotel in Asheville, NC and will be rejoining the trail as soon as we upgrade to lighter gear and fix my knee. Sorry to everyone that we disappointed. We are staying in the area and will not be returning to Florida, Vegas, or anywhere ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Exploring Helen...Catching Up

As TD said, we took another zero day in Helen. I thought about apologizing for it, but then realized it's our Hike, and we are doing what we need. I woke up this morning feeling horrible. We made it to breakfast, did laundry, and then it was time for me to sleep...in a bed. A few hours of recouping, I was back to myself. We cleaned up, made some plans, and headed out to explore the town during the day (as some of you may know, Helen tends to close down about 5). The streets are decorated for Christmas ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast