WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. I am a Liar.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgrabo View Post
    The last book I read was the Godfather, around 1970. It was out before the movie. Me and 3 other guys drove to Vegas in a '62 Nova. Carried a case of oil in the trunk. Drank beer and played pool to earn our living. If we get the 'band ' back together and head back to Vegas, I will read your book.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Moonshine

Has anyone seen 'Moonshine' ? She is heading south. My wife and I are just trying to keep track of her. She spent a few short days with us on her journey south. Very special young lady. If you hear from her or see her, please tell her Mary and Mike say "HI" from VT.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Ride ????

Need a ride, to or from your hiking trail ? Any where in Vermont, I will pick you up and bring you where you want to go. It will save you having to figure out where to drop a 2nd car or even use a car. Must charge by the mile or by the hour, but will be very reasonable. Also, as I have already posted, you can leave your car at our house and I will give you a ride to and from your hike. We live in southern VT 10 minutes from the LT/AT near 140 in Wallingford, VT. Thanks for your time, Mike G.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Park and ride

Hello; I posted a while back about hikers parking their cars at our house and giving them a ride to their destination, then picking them up. I would charge per day for the car and so much a mile for the ride. No one responded, but I still think it is a good idea. We live in central VT, so I would be willing to travel through out VT. Any thoughts ? Maybe around $3 per day for you car. 50 cents a mile for the ride to and from your starting point and then the same for picking you up if you needed me ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Trash

I have been taking 'walks' on the LT/AT for the last couple of years. I have met a lot of hikers and really enjoy talking with those that have time to visit for a few minutes. My wife and I have helped out a few hikers with rides and the use of our home. It is a great adventure that folks have undertaken. We wish all a safe journey. Yesterday during my walk, I noticed some 'trash' left 'behind'. I was really surprised to see it, because, as I mentioned, I have been walking this trail for a couple ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast