WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Shuttle/car service

Hello again: I am thinking of starting a shuttle and car service here in Vermont for AT and LT hikers. I would pick you up and/or drop you off at your desired location in VT. Also, you could park your car at our house, then I would bring you to your starting point, then pick you up when you were done. How much to charge, is what I am asking for any input on. Thank you, Mike G in VT
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Trail Names

Data, Rad, Moon Shine, Machine and Viking. Just a few of the "Names" I have met on my short walks on the A.T. I have met many more hikers, but I forget their names sometimes or they are really focus and just say, "Hi", which I understand completely. Stay strong, 1 step at a time. MG up in VT. Catch ya later.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Trail Talk

I have been meeting a few hikers, as I take my short walks on the AT/LT. Some hikers stop and visit for a couple of minutes, others seem to be all business and just say "Hi". I ask, are you thru- hiking and most say yes or "Doing the LT". Whatever hike they are doing, I envy and respect their efforts and determination. I have been in the woods since I was about 10 years old, hunting with my father. I still go hunting, or I as I like to say, "take my rifle for a walk". ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Need help or info

Hello again. I don't know if anyone ever reads these post. If you do and you know a hiker that is passing thru our town or state and they need some help, let us know. We will try and do what we can. Be well, Mike G. up in VT
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The weather

Very humid and very hot here in VT. Thunder and lighting the past couple of days. Hope all the hikers stay safe. Hope to see a few hikers, really enjoy talking with them. Be well, Mike G
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast