WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

KingGator and Sons

1. Appalachian Trail Journal Entry #19 - The AT is not it for New 2 The Wild!

Once this trail is over, one of our next adventures that we are going to try to get into is SCUBA DIVING and underwater photography....I want you all to know that our adventures will never stop...This is NOT just about the Appalachian Trail. Yes, in 2013, it is, but eventually you will see the PCT, CDT, Florida Trail, Scuba Diving, etc....I plan on jumping into several adventures. I just woke up one day and said, "I am tired of sitting around doing nothing"...I realized how much of LIFE ...
  2. Appalachian Trail Journal Entry #18 - GEAR List!

Ok, I just did my food list, so please go check that status out and give me ALL advice that you feel will be helpful. Now, lets talk about gear lists...Here is what I plan on taking...I will gladly update with the actual models as we go...

SHELTER
    Packs x 3
    Bags x 3
    Tent (3 man)
    Pack Covers x 3 (Trash bags?)
    Stuff Sacks x ??
    Thermarest Pads x 3
    Roll Sacks x 3

COOKING
    Stove
    Pot
    Cups x 3 ...
  3. Appalachian Trail Journal Entry #17 - FOOD List!

Today, lets talk food and gear lists....I will put both my food list and gear list up today and of course I am open and appreciative of all advice or recommendations. In terms of food, I know I will get tried of things and eventually switch out. I will be sending my first mail drop when I leave. I will never pre-mail more than one week or maybe two ahead, because you never know what can happen...I typically will carry 3-5 days worth of food depending on location of the trail. I have read a very ...
  4. Appalachian Trail Journal Entry #16 - Some Stats and Numbers for Our Family!

This is for my family whom are curious about the Appalachian Trail. All numbers, stats, and info that is right here is from the www.appalachiantrail.org website. Here is some general numbers, history, and records from the Trail. Hopefully, this will clear your mind a little on how many people do this and their age differences. Here we go...

Completing the entire estimated 2,180 miles of the Appalachian Trail in one trip is a mammoth undertaking. Each year, thousands of hikers ...
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast