WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. The Maine Event !!

Snacktime and I are heading out at midnight to meet some Silly Walkers in Monson for breakfast. We thought that along with setting up a trail magic station, we'd see our buds Army Ant, Invisible Man, OzJacko and Rolling R's off to the Hundred-mile Wilderness in style! That is, well-armed and fortified with Snacktime's signature fudge-filled peanut butter cookies.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	069.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	617.4 KB 
ID:	23693

Updated 07-15-2014 at 14:13 by Teacher & Snacktime

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A Wonderful Day….Part 2

Snacktime, Coach, Oz and I continued with the next phase of the plan…to drop off Coach’s car at the Dartmouth Skiway lot, toward which the entire group would be hiking for the next 2 days. It was about a 20 mile trek from Hanover, but roughly 12 miles from Etna/Hanover Rd trailhead where were leaving Coach and Oz. It took us about an hour to find our way out to the Skiway, park the car, hit the general store in Lyme for ice (for our trail magic cooler) and snacks, then locate the trailhead

Updated 08-08-2013 at 12:21 by Teacher & Snacktime

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. A Wonderful Day....Part 1

On Saturday, Snacktime and I got up well before the crack of dawn and headed to Hanover, NH to meet up with Coach Lou, Army Ant, OzJacko, Invisible Man and Rolling Rs. After a 3hr drive, with a respectable amount of fog and rain in the mountains northwest of Concord, we arrived at 7:30am to find the Silly Walkers hanging out on the balcony of the Lebanon Days Inn, waving us in and out of the rain. Greetings and handshakes were exchanged, photos were taken, and Snacktime's bags were handed out and

Updated 08-07-2013 at 21:07 by Teacher & Snacktime

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Trail Magic Bag Delivery - Upper Goose Pond Cabin

Armed with 2 sacks of Trail Magic Bags, we headed out to the Berkshires to make some hikers happy. We trekked 3.2 miles into the woods to the Upper Goose Pond Cabin. We had a great time with the hikers (it didn't hurt that Snacktime was treated like a rock star for bringing everyone goodies). And we had loads of fun in the lake.

The next day we hiked back to the car and headed north to Mt. Greylock with refreshments and more bags....but only met one hiker there as we arrived late in

Updated 06-14-2014 at 19:27 by Teacher & Snacktime

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Snacktime at Shaw's in Monson, ME

Snacktime has been vacationing with his family this week in Monson, ME. His aunt just posted this on his homeschool adventure facebook page "Eddie's Challenge II - An Appalachian Adventure": https://www.facebook.com/EddiesChallengeII?ref=hl

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	970580_10101101553444919_1632335212_n[2].jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	22667
    Eddie dropped off a few bags of Trail Magic at the Shaw's boarding house, a stop for hikers for the AT in Monson, ME. The hikers were starry-eyed at receiving their first bags of trail magic.

Updated 06-02-2017 at 23:06 by Teacher & Snacktime

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast