WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

ComptonAT

1. Prepared Food For Sale!!!!

My husband and I prepared all of our food for the 5 months we planned to complete our thru-hike. Unfortunately, Clay's knee injury is not improving fast enough for us to get back on the trail as quickly as we like so we are selling our food.

We packaged one day worth of food for two people in vacuum sealed bags. All dinners require boiling water. Dinners are gluten free and include:

-spaghetti and meat sauce
    -Mac and cheese with tuna or cheesy beef
    -southwest ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Prepared trail food FOR SALE!

My husband and I prepared all of our food for the 5 months we planned to complete our thru-hike. Unfortunately, Clay's knee injury is not improving fast enough for us to get back on the trail as quickly as we like so we are selling our food.

We packaged one day worth of food for two people in vacuum sealed bags. All dinners require boiling water. Dinners are gluten free and include:

-spaghetti and meat sauce
    -Mac and cheese with tuna or cheesy beef ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Snow, snow, etc.

Small updates:

We are still at the hostel/cabins. Our food came in yesterday, which is what we were waiting for, but I also came down with some sort of stomach bug. We didn't want to get the other hikers sick so we moved into a cabin. It snowed all day yesterday and hasn't stopped snowing yet. As of right now it seems there are a few inches of snow on the ground - in the valley. Hikers that have come in said the trail was pretty bad. So, it seems I have some time to recover from this ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Another winter storm

Clay and I have made our way to a nice hiker hostel in Greeneville, TN. This is the first time either of us have stayed in a hostel, but I'm thinking it's more of a shock for me. Being the only girl in a small cabin with 5 guys is certainly interesting (it's what I imagine frat houses are like). I never thought a room could smell so bad! But it is heated, has lights, a microwave, a fridge, and comfortable bunks, so I'll take it!

So far along the trail we have not run into anyone we ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Leaving from Hot Springs, NC

Clays mom and aunt drove us up to Hot Springs Wednesday night and we have been staying at the Laughing Heart B&B, which also owns the hostel. Thursday we spent time soaking in the natural hot springs and getting to know the community a little better. We were invited to a free community dinner in town by the people who run the B&B and the hostel. We were told that every week the people of Hot Springs gets together for a potluck dinner. The goal of these dinners is to get to know each other ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast