WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Working on success for 2013 hike

My goalis to hike the AT and first I must get in some kind of physical condition wereas my chances are more than 1% as they are now. NO KIDDING

1. Made it to 280lb today

11 December 2012

Made it to 280lb today and am walking with greater ease. Soon as hunting season ends I am looking forward to hiking some longer trails with my pack on. As for my gear I am happy with it; with the exception of my tent’s weight, great tent, lots of room which I like. I do have a smaller tent which I used on my long bike trips, but it has room to lie down and that is it. Spending most of my time now making arrangements to leave my wife with as little to worry about as ...
  2. Back from Wisconsin a day early

25 November 2012

Made it back from Wisconsin a day early so was unable to hike in Wisconsin and came back to Thanksgiving dinner. My weight is about 292 today up from 288. Going to get out and keep walking until March, my feet are feeling much tougher from a month ago and my legs seem to move much easier. My goal of reaching 250lb before March 18th (changed my start date to a Monday from a Friday) seems to still be doable. Either way I will be in much better shape
  3. Looking for a trail

18 November 2012

Today I find myself in Wisconsin looking for a trail close by to hike, March is just not coming fast enough for me. The ideal of getting started hiking is making me more anxious each day that passes. My wife and I got some walking in yesterday at The House on the Rock here in Wisconsin, up and down stairs and walkways; it was like a short hike. But I was able to find a hard seven mile trail I hope to hike Tuesday in a place called Merrimak (the Ice age trail) if all ...
  4. Weight is 289lb today down from 305lb

Oct 29, 2012

Weighed in at 289lb today down from 305lb a couple weeks ago, all this walking a cutting back on calories is helping. Reached my goal this morning of seven miles; today my legs felt a lot less heavy than last week. Got a blister on my toe (the big toe rubbed against the other toe) that never happened before. Need to put tape on my list of first aid items to bring.