WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Starchild

1. Starchild's notes at the 1/2 point

Tonight I am at Ironmasters Mansion and Hostel. A place just past the midpoint of the AT and where I will be spending the night. I did get here early spurred on by the half gallon challenge (AT tradition to eat a 1/2 gallon of ice cream in a hour). For me that turned out to only be a pint of mint chip due
    to depleted stocks of Ice Cream at the store. Being here has given me some time which allowed me to write a bit more.

Ironmasters Mansion also was perhaps part of the underground ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Starchild approaches the 1/2 point in the journey

There has been a lot going on and not much time to write. I will try to get some of this to you as its been a while since my last report.

First thing to mention is the last thing to happen. I crossed the Mason Dixon line into PA. The trail is a lot rockier as PA is known for as well as the place ( hiking ) boots go to die ( due to the sharp rocks). With that crossing I finally feel the huge accomplishment of walking from Georgia to here. From the deep south into northern territory. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Starchild's Journey

In the last couple of emails I have dove into some of the very spiritual aspects of my personal journey. I have tried to just do a physical one but they seem to run together. My upbringing has me see the spiritual but will try to incorporate more of the physical in this one. I don't know how I will do on that we will see...

I want to thank you for the overwhelming support and want to report what means to me and my journey. It confirms that I am on the right path for my life. But it ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Starchild

The AT is a physical and spiritual journey for me a process of discovery and growth. In this message I will speak to both aspects.

It is wonderful to be able to hike this trail even more so is the simply knowing that I am doing exactly what I am to be doing at this moment of time. This feeling hits me often a feeling of great gratitude and deep knowing somehow that I am where I am suppose to be. Other thru hikers have reported similar experiences

Categories
    Uncategorized