WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Not surprising

If it's not surprising that we look to the sky for our gods. There seems little mystery to me that warriors of the past Bellow thier war cries to the air into the sky. When I think of the emotional shift from when a grey sky turns blue, or the rush at the first crack of thunder and the awe of splitting lightning. Some of our cowed by these things, what others feel their own battle cry well in their chest. That cry that Welling of passion and determination, that feeling that I will not be dominated. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Ahhhh!!!

Alright, so this happens every year, well for the past two years and this year is even worse. I am hitting the trail in 2015 but every year I start looking at trailjournal.com around this time. Since I set my start date last fall I have been aquiring things and thinking about the A.T. even more. But holy crap!!! I have never been this impatient. I feel like I am going to explode every time I read a new journal entry. I want to go this year soooo so very badly. I can't because I don't have ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Touching the A.T.

I remember this moment with astonishing clarity. I am from Central NY and when I left the military and ended up divorced, back to NY I went. I did a lot of hiking up there and have hiked most of the High Peaks which I'll finish this September. Needless to say when I moved to Southern MD in 2010 for the job I now hold it was a culture shock. Flat earth everywhere! I hiked the short local trails and tried to find other outdoor hobbies to pass my time. I rafted in Harper's Ferry(totally boring), ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. F wb!!

Just spent a half hour typing out my thoughts on here and hit submit to find out the website had logged me out. Wasted freaking time! GRRRRRR.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Yep..

So as I have ample free time at work I have been over taxing the WB server over the past month reading everything that is highlighted in bold great for new responses and searching old feeds, and generally killing a crap ton of time while planning my thru hike. Its an odd compulsion because each day I go,"good to know, oh really, wow!, interesting, "never thought of that", "seriously is this a real discussion?" and on and on in my pursuit of A.T. knowledge. And at the end ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized