WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Starting out Fresh

Fresh, not like the clean white linens that I like to smell as I open a pack newly bought from the store.
Fresh, like a wound that is just finished healing.
This is how I am starting, comming out from a nightmarish past and flying toward a flashing sun bright future. I can seriously almost picture all the yellows and strong oranges skimming past my eyes as I squint into what I truly hope is one hell of a story. A good story. With a great ending. But I have to get away from all the hustle and bustle of everyday life. I cant see myself getting past pains out without going somewhere quiet to think.
I get closer and closer to sick agitation as I live out this life expected of me.
Get up.
Work.
Sleep.
Get up. Work. Sleep.
The same monotoneous life every one lives and never seems to complain about. Maybe it is because of my unconventional sometimes painful upbringing that I seem to be one of the few to question the inflections crying out in my dark ragged soul. We were made for more then this. Werent we? If not, then why this itch to explore every seductive vista? Why does it kill me to stay in one place for too long?

1. prt 4

Tennessee has 71 miles (114 km) of the trail, not includingmore than 200 miles (325 km) along or near the North Carolina Border. Thesection that runs just below the summit of Clingmans Dome in Great Smoky MountainsNational Park is along the North Carolina and Tennessee border and is thehighest point on the trail at 6,643 feet (2019 m). The Smoky Mountains HikingClub (Knoxville, TN) maintains the trail throughout the Great Smoky MountainsNational Park to Davenport Gap. North of Davenport Gap, the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. prt 3

HazardsThe Appalachian Trail is relatively safe. Mostinjuries or incidents are consistent with comparable outdoor activities. Mosthazards are related to weather conditions, human error, plants, animals,diseases, and fellow humans encountered along the trail.

Many animals live around the trail, with bears, snakes, andwild boars posing the greatest threat to human safety. Several rodent- andbug-borne illnesses are also a potential hazard. In scattered instances, foxes,raccoons, and other ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. prt 2

There is a drastic change between the lowland and subalpine, evergreen forest, as well as another, higher break, at tree line, above which only hardy alpine plants grow. The sub-alpine region is far more prevalent along the trail than true alpine conditions. While it mainly exists in the north, a few mountains in the south have subalpine environments, which are typically coated in an ecosystem known as the Southern Appalachian spruce-fir forest. Southern ranges and mountains where sub-alpine environments ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Info on the App

Appalachian Trail
    Length Approx. 2181 mi (3510 km)a
    Location Appalachian Mountains
    Trailheads Springer Mountain, Georgia
    Mount Katahdin, Maine
    Use Hiking
    Elevation Change 515,000 ft (156,972 m)
    Highest point Clingmans Dome 6643 ft
    Lowest point Hudson River 124 ft
    Trail difficulty Moderate to strenuous
    Season Spring to Fall
    Sights Appalachian Mountains
    Hazards: Severe weather
    American Black Bear
    Tick-borne ...
  5. A cool day makes me wonder

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snow-texas1.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	302.8 KB 
ID:	15208http://relicradio.com/otr/stream/ <= listening to this as Iwrite.

It’s snowing in West Texas. From what I remember "back in the day" it would snow maybe once, and that is a big MAYBE, a year. It seems that it snows more frequently now. Lush white hills of snow cover my front yard as I type right now. People don’t seem to know what to do.

I wonder what it would be like to be out in this weather

Updated 02-14-2012 at 02:57 by Brittney Floyd

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast