WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Southbound winter hike 2001-2002

Added by fiddlehead
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »

Southbound winter hike 2001-2002

Views: 4,177  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Hurd Brook Ford   Abol Bridge Store & Katahdin  Southbound winter hike 2001-2002  Bog Log Junk Yard

Description for Southbound winter hike 2001-2002

Description by fiddlehead

fiddlehead

This is taken from the ledges and the red in the picture are actually the blueberry bushes in the fall. Picture was taken late Oct. 2001

Comments for Southbound winter hike 2001-2002 (1)

1. #1 MOWGLI
    Very nice!
  2. #2 walkin' wally
    Nice colors,great picture with the fog muting the colors a little. May I assume this is Rainbow Ledges in Maine? I may be wrong though there must be lots of places like this
    Very nice
  3. #3 fiddlehead
    Wally, You assume correctly. This is my favorite picture of the aprox 1,000 i have. I didn\'t even stop to take it, just was walking along, saw the white blaze and it\'s contrast with the blueberry bushes with their great color in late Oct. and snapped the picture. Thanks a lot for your praise.
  4. #4 Nightwalker
    Re: Southbound winter hike 2001-2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlehead
    Wally, You assume correctly. This is my favorite picture of the aprox 1,000 i have. I didn\'t even stop to take it, just was walking along, saw the white blaze and it\'s contrast with the blueberry bushes with their great color in late Oct. and snapped the picture. Thanks a lot for your praise.
    I've eaten from those bushes in mid August. Great view of Katahdin from there. Thanks for the pic.