WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Springer Mtn. Trail Register Home

Added by Uncle Wayne
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »

Springer Mtn. Trail Register Home

Views: 6,250  

Filmstrip 
‹‹First blaze on a tree   Springer Mt., GA  Springer Mtn. Trail Register Home  Springer Man & Patch

Description for Springer Mtn. Trail Register Home

Description by Uncle Wayne

Uncle Wayne

A good idea. Took a lot of work to prepare and many don't realize it's there.

Comments for Springer Mtn. Trail Register Home (4)

1. #1 Rain Man
    You are absolutely right that many don't even know it is there. I certainly didn't know and didn't see it when my group of 4 started at Springer on July 31, 2003 for a section hike to Neels Gap. So, none of us signed it.

Of course, I've been to Neels Gap twice now and have yet to see a register there either, though I've heard there is one!

Rain Man
  2. #2 Kerosene
    Cool! First time I've ever seen evidence of this. I wonder how long it took to get it in there?
  3. #3 Rain Man
    THIS time (Sunday, February 29, 2004), I did see the register and got to sign it!

But... still forgot to pick up a pebble. Ah well. NEXT time!

Rain Man
  4. #4 walkin' wally
    Nice picture. That is definitely a different place to put a register.
  5. #5 Kerosene
    I\'m pretty sure that I would have missed the register when I summited last April. Thanks to this picture, the start of my Georgia section hike is retained for posterity.

The only problem I see with the location is that it was fully exposed to the 40 mph gusts coming in from the west. Even in my wind gear we only stuck around long enough to sign and take a few pictures before moving on to the shelter to have an early lunch out of the wind.
  6. #6 Baldy
    When I was therethe register was in a plastic bag wedged in a crack in the rock. Was this a recent change or did I just miss the real register and sign an \"alternate\" register placed there by a hiker?
  7. #7 Doctari
    Re: Springer Mtn. Trail Register Home
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy
    When I was therethe register was in a plastic bag wedged in a crack in the rock. Was this a recent change or did I just miss the real register and sign an \"alternate\" register placed there by a hiker?
    Missed it you did It's been there since at least 97, my first visit to Springer. I found it by accident, dropped something at a point when I looked up, there it was.

Doctari.