WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Buck and Roo at Woods Hole Shelter

Added by buckowens
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »

Buck and Roo at Woods Hole Shelter

Views: 2,331  

Filmstrip 
‹‹Buck and Roo taking a break   Chugger, Dad's Time, Buck Roo and Steve at Woods Hole Shelter  Buck and Roo at Woods Hole Shelter  Buck and Roo at Woods Hole Shelter doing foot maintenance

Description for Buck and Roo at Woods Hole Shelter

Description by buckowens

buckowens

Buck and Roo Georgia Section Hike June 2007

Comments for Buck and Roo at Woods Hole Shelter (2)

1. #1 Cindy from Indy
    Re: Buck and Roo at Woods Hole Shelter
    Your daughter is a REAL trooper!! Good for her. I did take my kids to Mammoth Caves last Labor Day weekend. We spent 5 days hiking but it was all in caves. We did hike a bit one day to do some fishing.

They loved the caves and even did one whole caving trip where grown ups were not allowed!! lol--They loved it and really enjoyed the spelunking gear!

I appreciate you posting in my thread. It really means a lot. I do believe that the more I show them what I'll be up against, the more comfortable they will be. They would really enjoy sending me care packages along the way too. You know, the first thing I decided after I decided to thru hike the A.T., was figure out how I could include my kids. Since I will be hiking most of their summer break from school, why shouldn't I bring them along for some of the easier stuff.

As I write this, I am remembering when my Father took me, at 11 yrs, and my bro at 9 yrs, out on weekend canoe trips with only sleeping bags, a plastic tarp, and a bag of potatoes! We had a blast! Mom hated it then too and never went w/us! LOL---

I loved your photos....thanks for helping me recall some great memories! Take care, Cindy in Indy
  2. #2 buckowens
    Re: Buck and Roo at Woods Hole Shelter
    Roo is really a special little girl for sure!

You never know that you may get out there, do a week or months and decide that you have fulfilled whatever brought you there in the first place. I will admit it is quite magical and the pull is strong. I have deployed for 10 months and I am facing another 6 months between now and Spring of 09. I would not consider it only because of that, so I am sectioning instead. Your plan to include them is great and will pay dividends all the way around! Good luck again.