DSLR? GoPro? Samsung Galaxy? I am looking for advice on the best purchase for filming my AT thru hike. I already have a samsung galaxy note 4, but I would like high quality video capture. I would like to film certain parts of the landscape and wildlife, take some timelapse shots of waterfalls/clouds/stars/fires, as well as taking "selfie" shots of myself hiking and scrolling the landscape behind myself. I wouldn't be jumping in any rivers with my equipment, but I wouldn't want it damaged in a light rain or fog if I decided to film for a minute or two. I imagine I would accumulate around 10 to 20 hours of footage. I don't plan on filming more than 5-10 minutes a day. Just those really special areas and instances except for when I would do a timelapse shot of course. I will have about $600 to spend on filming/camera equipment. I don't want to go too heavy or bulky, but quality is important. Any advice or suggestions would be amazing. Especially if you have previously filmed your own hike. My thru-hike isn't until March 2017, but I have a few short hikes this year I would like to test the equipment on and hone my skills.