If anyone is willing, I would appreciate a review of my current gear list. My start date is 2/25, so I am a bit heavy on the clothing weight compared to someone starting 6 weeks later, I'd guess.

A few things I am not sure about:

• Boots vs. trail runners (with or without gaiters?) for the start? Right now I am leaning towards boots with the idea of switching to trail runners after Mt. Rogers.
  • For an early winter start, I feel like I need a full set of clothes for day and a dry set for night. That might be reduced when it gets a bit warmer and hypothermia is not as big a risk. My sleepipng bag is warm. I have a 4oz silk liner. Not sure if I need it or not in light of my camp/night clothes? Do I need it?

On my list, items with a gold star means that I need to still buy them. If you have a better suggestion, let me know. If there is no gold star, it is unlikely that I am going to trade out an already owned big ticket item for a similar big ticket item. For example, I got a smoking deal on a Thermoball jacket by The North Face and would not be inclined to trade it for a Patagonia Nano Puff, which is very simialr and gets similar ratings. Same with my Super Mega UL 1 tent although I am open to swapping that out for a tarp or a hammock when it is a bit warmer.

Here is the link to my gear: http://lighterpack.com/r/4xcgvt

Any feedback is welcome and thanks a lot for helping me out.

Wazo

www.trailjournals.com/wazo