WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View Poll Results: Attending Billville Feed and Fun

Voters
18. This poll is closed
  • Attending as helper all weekend

8 44.44%
  • Attending as helper Saturday only

1 5.56%
  • Attending for the food and fun

1 5.56%
  • Not attending

8 44.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

:banana

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelmary View Post
    The dates this year are July 8,9,10. Duncannon, PA. Preparing food starts July 5. Transport everything to park on Thursday evening July 7. Sunday July 10 must have park cleaner than we found it by noon (because that is how we roll!). More details to follow.
    I'll be there as much as I can. Taking part of, if not the whole week off work, I'll make coleslaw from the garden again, I can make enough to go with hot dogs and sausages and the pig if you want.
    Trailangel Mary's daughter

aka -OvertheEdge- :)
    Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
    Images

Be up there to set up camp aft. 1600 on Friday. CatLady said she is comin' to and will help with the kitchen. I will send you some cash or bring it up. A Doyle burger is in my future.
    Alcohol was involved!

Quote Originally Posted by Little One View Post
    I'll be there as much as I can. Taking part of, if not the whole week off work, I'll make coleslaw from the garden again, I can make enough to go with hot dogs and sausages and the pig if you want.
    Thanks, Tina. I'll put you down for the cole slaw for both meals. I may start cooking earlier than Tuesday because after I thought about it that's only 2 days to do all the prep!

Quote Originally Posted by harryfred View Post
    Be up there to set up camp aft. 1600 on Friday. CatLady said she is comin' to and will help with the kitchen. I will send you some cash or bring it up. A Doyle burger is in my future.
    Thanks, Edge and Cat Lady. See you soon.

Default Donations

Received this in an email from member of a church in Shermansdale, PA. Thank you Matt.
    My name is Matt Bornman. I go to Ray's church and attended your Billville feed last year along with Ray and Charleen. Our church would really like to help you at the feed and meet some of these famous hikers in the process. we would like to bring a grill, some vegetarian hot dogs/rolls, grillers/buns, condiments and Ray's famous cold slushy like drink, served out of a five gallon bucket.

Thank you to Walkin' Home for the first donation of $50. This will go towards the fee to rent the park which is $150. The other largest expense is the pig - $200-$275. You can mail your donations to Mary Parry 2 Ann St. Duncannon, PA 17020.
    Wish list for the menu will be posted later. I already have a committment for a case of eggs and a committment from Sorrentos.
    Correction - Thank you Walkin' Home for the donation of $100.

Menu wish list - some additions added. Confirmations in orange
    menu wish list
    thursday evening - surprise awesome meal for helpers
    friday morning - coffee, amish friendship bread
    friday afternoon as hikers arrive - hot dog/hot sausage/chorizo etc. Bar with ff
    friday evening - meatball pasta with salad
    late night snack -fresh popcorn
    saturday morning - big a$$ billville breakfast with bacon explosion, scrapple, scrambled eggs, pancakes, home fries, coffee, oj,
    saturday afternoon - pig roast with all the fixin's including cole slaw, baked beans, baked corn, green bean casserole, deviled and pickled eggs, potato-vegetable salad,pasta salad, vegetarian hot dogs, desserts
    saturday evening - soup bar
    late night snack -leftovers and fresh popcorn
    sunday morning - sausage gravy and biscuits, amish friendship bread and lots of fruit, coffee
    all weekend - cold beverages, saturday - shermansdale church slushy

Default Menu Wish List

Some additional details abut the wish list for meals
    Hot dog bar to include several different hot dog/sausage toppings for instance:
    Matty Dog -
    Wrapped in bacon and topped with barbecue sauce and cheese
    Billville Dog With the works - mustard, kraut, chili sauce, sauteed onion, relish, ketchup, cheese
    Pittsburgh Dog with cole slaw, french fries, cheese, and dill pickle
    Bag o' Tricks Dog with lettuce, tomato, red onion, jalepenos, and cheese

Any where it says hot dog that also means choice of hot sausage! Served with french fries.

More details about more meals later!

Thanks, Tina. I'll put you down for the cole slaw for both meals. I may start cooking earlier than Tuesday because after I thought about it that's only 2 days to do all the prep!
    I'm off Monday for the holiday, then I might have to work a day or two because I want to be able to take the Monday after the Feed off too, so i can recouperate

Some additional details abut the wish list for meals
    Hot dog bar to include several different hot dog/sausage toppings for instance:
    Matty Dog -
    Wrapped in bacon and topped with barbecue sauce and cheese
    Billville Dog With the works - mustard, kraut, chili sauce, sauteed onion, relish, ketchup, cheese
    Pittsburgh Dog with cole slaw, french fries, cheese, and dill pickle
    Bag o' Tricks Dog with lettuce, tomato, red onion, jalepenos, and cheese

Any where it says hot dog that also means choice of hot sausage! Served with french fries.

More details about more meals later!
    What about the Coney Island Dog? split with a Kosher dill spear in the split then american cheese melted on top

What about the Coney Island Dog? split with a Kosher dill spear in the split then american cheese melted on top
    How about the Trailangelmary Dog with sweet fire pickles, cheddar cheese, and kicked up hot peppers!

Default the jackdog

two raw dogs with 2 buns and 2 ketchup packs in a ziplock marked "jacksdogs, not yours!" searved in a used brown bag. these to go dogs will be found in various cabnits and shelves thruout duncannon durring the feed. also , other types of foods may be substituted for jackdogs. but in all cases, will be uncooked and ment for later. hikers finding such,"squirrled away" bags of food are ment to take them for their first days walk out of town. sort of a feed, comedown pack. enjoy!
    matthewski

bag o tricks please call me. 215 668 0898.
    matthewski

How about the Trailangelmary Dog with sweet fire pickles, cheddar cheese, and kicked up hot peppers!
    There ya go, I couldn't eat it but I'm sure someone can

the pawpaw dog would be a dog whos both ends were cut into 5 toes to make two paws.

the dude dog would be a cocktail frank on a toothpick with a tiny ziplock of dipping sauce

the doyal dog would be a plane dog heavily scarified with fork marks and cuts and bruses and missing one end. searved in a broken bun on a coaster.

the chomp dog would be cut into peices with wax teeth and covered in teeth marks

the sheneequa dog would be a knockwurst with just the tip dipped in golden mustard

and finaly folks, the bag o tricks dog, a dog so awful, no mortal hiker can refuse its trail scents and ways. its two dogs, put in a blender with potatoe chps and a squirt of ketchup and searved in a cup with a bun stuck in. tricks is watching his weight. one bun only.
    matthewski

Default Donations

Donations confirmed from Subwway in Sharmans Dale for 2 - 2 lb bags of shredded monterey jack cheese which will be used for the hot dogs and the homefries. Thank You, Laurie

Default Donations

4 more dozen eggs will be donated from my friend with fresh brown eggs which will be used to make the deviled eggs. he is bringing me a dozen to pactice with because he says they can be peeled when they are fresh. I'm going to try his method.

Default Menu Wish List

more confirmations highlighted in orange. Still need cash donations to be able to have the pig.
    Friday Morning - Coffee, Amish Friendship Bread
    Friday afternoon - hot dogs, hot sausage,1 lb bacon,shredded cheese, mustards, relish, mayos, cole slaw, jalepenos barbecue sauce, kraut, chili sauce, onion, potatoes, oil for french fryer, dill pickle spears, lettuce, tomato, red onion, hot dog buns
    Friday evening - meatballs,pasta, salad
    Saturday morning - bacon explosion - 6 lbs sausage, 6 lbs sausage, , 12 lbs bacon, barbecue sauce, scrapple, scrambled eggs, , pancakes, potatoes for home fries, 1 bag frozen onion and pepper strips, 1 bag frozen onion and pepper strips, shredded cheese, coffee, OJ
    Saturday afternoon - pig roast with all the fixins' - cole slaw, deviled eggs, pasta salad, vegetarian hot dogs and burgers, baked beans, baked corn have some of the corn required for this dish,, green bean casserole, desserts
    Saturday evening - Soup Bar - 3-4 SOUPS - Mary's peanut butter soup
    Sunday morning - sausage gravy and biscuits, amish friendship bread, lots of fruit, coffee
    ALL WEEKEND - Cold beverages with powdered mix (preferably gatorade and/or lemonade), Saturday Shermansdale church slushy

Default Supplies

Have to also work on the paper/plastic list. HOWEVER Billville each year tries to be more recycle aware. THEREFORE this year bring and use your own utensils, any cans used at the park will be put in a seperate disposal can.
    Billville members please bring any of those sturdy plastic cups you get when you get a soda to go - let's recycle them wash and bring with you for hikers to use at park.

Tricks, are you reading this? I am couning on you to do your usual and bring lots of equipment for games to occupy and entertain the hikers! Let me know.
    Yes I'm reading this and yes I will bring my bag of tricks with me. What else do you need. Similar games as last year and I have a few others I'll run by you that should be fun. What else do you still need food wise? I can bring hot dogs and rolls if needed (how many) and bananas. You want me to bring the drink coolers and any ice chest? Are we brewing coffee this year or doing it cowboy style on the stove. Thanks for asking and getting Sue to play.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++