WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default sobo's that finished

me (casey jones) and long jon just finished up our southbound thruhike on sunday the 16th of november just want to know what other sobo's have finished up.
    a happy boddhitsva

On my recent hike from Amicalola to Neels I saw Hungarian and The Medicine Man in the Springer log. I saw Skeeter, Spoonful, Clemson, Sweet Tea, and Carat a day or two out (finished by now)
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Wow - I met all those boys in Vermont on my northbound trip. Glad to see they made it!

I finished my flip-flop on Fri 14th with Fjord & 6-toe. Silver Potato and Cracker were a day behind on the 15th. Saw on trailjournals that the SunDay, Sweetwater, Little Fly crew finished yesterday

Images

Dwreck and the VT mafia are planning on finishing on the 15th of December

Captain Ozzie

Default sobo finish

I (captain Ozzie) finished November 9th along with Stretch and Cheverlegs. Heres some videos since I've been slackin on the trail journal.

http://www.youtube.com/mysteamaccount

Ozzie, congrats on making it all the way!

David(grits) finished in late November.

Finished on Thanksgiving morning with the entire family...great weather...unlike when trying to pick Ozzie, Stretch, & Chev up in the foggy darkness...I think Juice Box finished the Friday before me...

I guess I'm a little late for this forum, but thought since I'd found it that I would add a few names. Duckie and I (Turbo) finished on October 16. We were hiking with Moose until just north of the smokies. He finished a couple of weeks later.

Default turbo, duckie, moose

hey turbo, say 'hi' to duckie & moose for me, if you have contact info. i met them at the start (sobo) of new hampshire. i was up eeaaarrrllllyyy (3:30am) so i could watch the morning wake from carter-moriah, and it was more worth it than i can explain. / i left them that morning in rattle river shelter. i thought hiking sobo would cure me (i nobo'd in 2001), but ... i think i'm lost for good, now. oh, the happy sighs are numerous. take care, Austin

Images

Austin, we (Silver Potato, me, & my wife Cracker) met you at the shelter south of Gorham. We stopped and had a snack with you. We knew Duckie, Moose & Turbo as well but they finished way before us...those young whippersnappers....

We finished the same day as Singer & Land Surfer (flip floppers).

We miss all our fellow SOBO's and the NOBO's we met.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
    I guess I'm a little late for this forum, but thought since I'd found it that I would add a few names. Duckie and I (Turbo) finished on October 16. We were hiking with Moose until just north of the smokies. He finished a couple of weeks later.
    to WhiteBlaze!
    Turbo, I see you found the MEGA forum, http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=422 thanks for contributing there!
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Hey Turbo, Remember Warraghiyagey and Vonfrick. We saw you up in Monson and points north and south. Maybe even gave you your trail name.
    Glad to hear you climbed Springer. Lookin forward to hearing about it some time.

Images

Warraghiyagey....Don't think I'll type that out again. I met you in and Von Frick in Monson and Stratton,Me. I hiked with Pounce,Wyrm,Sunny Brown, and Achuckmuck. Also hiked with Chef. You passed Sunny, Achuckmuck, and I with Von Frick like four miles south of Stratton. We were hung over and found a "not so stealth spot" right next to the trail.You were getting water. I see..... you don't remember us. Oh well. Pounce, Chef, John Y Cash, and I finished on Jan 13th.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzieninja View Post
    I (captain Ozzie) finished November 9th along with Stretch and Cheverlegs. Heres some videos since I've been slackin on the trail journal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Warraghiyagey....Don't think I'll type that out again. I met you in and Von Frick in Monson and Stratton,Me. I hiked with Pounce,Wyrm,Sunny Brown, and Achuckmuck. Also hiked with Chef. You passed Sunny, Achuckmuck, and I with Von Frick like four miles south of Stratton. We were hung over and found a "not so stealth spot" right next to the trail.You were getting water. I see..... you don't remember us. Oh well. Pounce, Chef, John Y Cash, and I finished on Jan 13th.
    hey and congrats to all of you!!

Quote Originally Posted by hrm View Post
    hey turbo, say 'hi' to duckie & moose for me, if you have contact info. i met them at the start (sobo) of new hampshire. i was up eeaaarrrllllyyy (3:30am) so i could watch the morning wake from carter-moriah, and it was more worth it than i can explain. / i left them that morning in rattle river shelter. i thought hiking sobo would cure me (i nobo'd in 2001), but ... i think i'm lost for good, now. oh, the happy sighs are numerous. take care, Austin
    Hey Austin, I believe you and I met up in the 100 mile wilderness at the Cooper Brook Falls lean-to on June 29. I didn't have a trail name yet, but I was hiking with Kyle (Crazy Feet) and there were several other hikers there also. A sobo named Steve and a couple of Nobo's who had perviously hiked the PCT. I will tell Duckie and Moose hi for you.

Silver Potato and Cracker, glad you guys finished. It was good to meet you.

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    Hey Turbo, Remember Warraghiyagey and Vonfrick. We saw you up in Monson and points north and south. Maybe even gave you your trail name.
    Glad to hear you climbed Springer. Lookin forward to hearing about it some time.
    Warraghiyagey and Vonfrick, Yes I remember you both! Good to hear from you. Thanks for the trail name! And for the heads up about many points south! I'm still figuring this site out, but I'm glad to be finding so many people that I know on here.

-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzieninja View Post

Sorry about the little 'incident' in Andover. . .

2010 complete

did von moose finish?? he seemed so strong in NH.

Images

Yall remember Stretch - he finished his SOBO in Nov. ' 08 - he is now a sophmore at Alaska Pacific University

Images

Does Stretch have a sister? I think I met her in VT this summer? Is that possible?

++ New Posts ++