WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomer
    I will go to Baxter SP tomarro and start my Flip Flop hike to Kent, CT.
    It's a great time to be on the AT in Maine, Bloomer! Enjoy!
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Images

I wish I could describe in words how much I would like to be walking through the Fall again. Congrats to all NOBO'S and SOBO's! Keep up the hike ~ maybe I'll see a couple of you SOBO's in Georgia or North Carolina this fall. I'll be out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Marta

It's supposed to rain again today, dammit.
    Well, you know what they say, "No rain, no pain no.........Georgia??????"

i think the SOBOS need their own rhyme....any ideas?

Default Ode to SOBO's

How 'bout this:

"They don't have a clue, they don't know the passwords.
    These poor sons of bitches are hiking ass-backwards."

http://www.facebook.com/themissjanet Miss Janet's Avatar
    Images

The first SoBo hiker I know of this far south just passed through Erwin. Hobbit is his name and he started around June 4th. There may be few others between here and Va. Does anyone know any numbers from Harpers Ferry yet?

lol, Jack

you made milk come out my nose

Catskill 3500 #1575
    Images

I met Solo who started in Maine on 6/13/06 near High Point, NJ on 9/16. That was his first day back after 2-weeks off due to foot injury.
    Unfortunately he reinjured his foot and back. he left the trail on 9/17 to return home to VA for full recovery. Says he plans to hike south from VA when he feels better. Also plans to fill in skipped area in section hikes.

Default SOBOs

I'm the Hobbit to which Miss Janet was referring too, Z. Hobbit actually. I finished up the night of Sept. 30. There's another SOBO, I've Only, who's probably finishing up today. After that I'm not really sure where everyone is. My guess is there will be a handful that finish in the next 2 weeks or so, but i don't really know.

I returned last night from my hike, Dicks Creek Gap to Fontana Dam. I was going to mention that I met Z Hobbit, but I see he already posted. I also met I've Only a couple of days behind Z Hobbit. Sunday just north of The NOC I met two other thru hikers, Stretch and Goat. Those were the only four thru hikers I met in my week on the trail.

I also met two section hikers who were on their last sections. They were Tuxedo and Patagonius. Two other section hikers were Scott and Steve.

Actually I was surprised that there were very few backpackers on the trail. I did have a good hike and saw a black bear about 5 miles north of the Georgia-North Carolina state line. He was sitting in a tree looking at me.

Scorpion GA-ME 04

I'm SOBO in Damascus, VA today (10/15), started 6/2, and I think I'm about in the middle of the pack right now. I was #28 at Harper's Ferry, and Rusty said they were up to 50 when he checked a day or two before we got there (8 or 9 days later).

Book

SOBO'6

Images

On my way up to Siler Bald Shelter this Saturday (the one just N of Franklin) in the rain I met 4 SOBO's. They were headed into Franklin to resupply, clean up, and planned on staying with Ronnie Haven at the Budget Inn. For all you other SOBO's still on the trail: Dr Rudder, Kats, Dorothy, and Jimmy Legs says hello.
    Last edited by khaynie; 11-13-2006 at 09:02. Reason: left out an S

Default SOBO Toby Run in TENN

Met SOBO Toby Run at the Double Springs Shelter 18.3 miles south of Damascus on the night of the 18th. He was well and looked good. Planning on getting off trial on the 21st for the holiday with some family. Said he was on schedule to finish mid December. Hike Toby Hike!

Default At Miss Janet's

Just had an amazing thanksgiving at Miss Janets and we're 0'ing today for a number of reasons. I'm here with site, we both got off in Devils Fork (gap?) and got a ride back here. We'll start back there tomorrow. We were here with Pi and Laces who got here from Davenport gap. Our thru is going very well.. hoping for less precipitation than we've seen in the past week for at least the Smokies.. but I guess we don't have much of a say in that.

--nemo
    "I'm not bad. I've never been bad... I'm fairly new to mild naughtiness." - Jeff Murdoch

Keep 0n truckin Nemo, good to hear it's going well.
    WALK ON

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Five Leaf Clover and SnapShot got as far as Bland today; tomorrow, VA 623.

Kinnickinic
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

A friend of mine, EasyFeelin' was south of Duncannon just before Thanksgiving.

Default I'm Here...I'm Here!!

Hello...Hello. I'm SoBo and I'm in Rockfish Gap (Waynesboro). Yup, Yup. It's quite an adventure at this time of year. It's nice and crisp out there. Many solo parties too. Peace. Goatmilk

Oh yeah, I met Twinkletoes at Bears Den Hostel. John and Molasses and Mark and Twain are around 10 days ahead of me (give or take a few). I don't know who's behind me???

goatmilk - how is the trail through SNP? I have heard that there were a lot of blowdowns due to a storm last week.

Images

I didn't catch their names, but 2 SOBOs passed thru Blue Mtn GA Friday Night. A few guys at Trey Mtn shelter were discussing their thru-hiker's funk Saturday night.
    The trail was here before we arrived, and it will still be here when we are gone...enjoy it now, and preserve it for others that come after us

Images

Now that the leaves are just about all down and he's declared a winner in his annual leaf catching contest he's getting serious...Stumpknocker should be finishing his 2006 hike at the Homeplace sometime around Dec 7-10. I am sure this is one hike he will be glad to get behind him!!!

MN
    Sue Buak

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++