WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default ENO sub 7 vs Hummingbird UL single

I am trying to cut down weight, so I'm replacing my ENO junglenest. I thought I would use the bug net, but I haven't yet in a year and a half of hammock camping. Does anybody have experience with the sub 7 and Hummingbird hammocks?
    You can walk in another person's shoes, but only with your feet

AT 2012

reviews refer to the Nano, which I have used for years with success. I would be interested in a comparison of sizes. if the nano is a bit bigger than the sub 7 i would go with the nano. it is hard to get any smaller than Nano size... and sorry to not exactly answer your question, just sayin....
    Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by 1azarus View Post
    reviews refer to the Nano, which I have used for years with success. I would be interested in a comparison of sizes. if the nano is a bit bigger than the sub 7 i would go with the nano. it is hard to get any smaller than Nano size... and sorry to not exactly answer your question, just sayin....
    Food for thought. Hummingbird and Sub7 give up 1" on width and 4" and 3" on length. I'm 6'1", how tight is an 8'8" hammock gonna be?

Definitely get away from ENO. Too heavy for the price. Places like The Bearded Hanger, Warbonnet, or Simply Light Designs make lighter, cheaper hammocks for a generally smaller price point. I think Dutchware recently released a new integrated net hammock, you could check that out too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalaallit View Post
    Definitely get away from ENO. Too heavy for the price. Places like The Bearded Hanger, Warbonnet, or Simply Light Designs make lighter, cheaper hammocks for a generally smaller price point. I think Dutchware recently released a new integrated net hammock, you could check that out too.
    Thanks for the recommendations!

If you decide to go with Warbonnet, MassDrop has the Traveler XL with tree straps and a buckle suspension for $49.99. If you want whoopie slings and tree straps, it is only another $6.

It is only for another two days, so hurry if you are interested.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/warbonn...oors-travelers

Have you ever checked out the hammocks made by BIAS (Butt In A Sling)? I have their Micro-Weenie and have used it quite a bit over the last 3 years. Lightweight and very comfortable for me and I clock in around 210 pounds but only 5'9" in height. The quality is very good and everything is holding up very well. I'd encourage you to look at their website: http://buttinasling.com/index.html

That's all for now. Take care, best of luck in finding what works for you and until next time...be well.

snapper

The junglenest is 29oz according to ENO, an 11' netless hammock in hexon 1.0 (which is soft and smooth like silk) from dutchware with woopi sling suspension and 4' tree huggers is just over 11oz, and for a guy your height would be a much more comfortable length. You can play with the various options on the dutchware site and it gives you the approx weight.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

++ New Posts ++