WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ScareBear View Post
    Optimus CruxLite has worked perfectly for me/us....
    Not for me. I had exactly the same problem as the OP with his SnowPeak. The Cruxlite flame on mine would go down, down, down, and usually out. I shipped it back to my retailer after reading similar reviews online, including more than one thread here on WB.
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    Not for me. I had exactly the same problem as the OP with his SnowPeak. The Cruxlite flame on mine would go down, down, down, and usually out. I shipped it back to my retailer after reading similar reviews online, including more than one thread here on WB.
    Right. You and I went 'round on this before, yes?
    Any "issue" with the CruxLite burner isn't an "issue". It is how a large head, infinite control gas burner works. It expands as it warms up, thus reducing output pressure and requiring a slight turn of the valve to increase pressure to compensate. Once fully heated, it performs flawlessly, without needing any further adjustments to maintain whatever level of heat you choose.

Why you couldn't wait for the thing to fully warm up(90 seconds?) is beyond me....

Quote Originally Posted by ScareBear View Post
    Right. You and I went 'round on this before, yes?
    Any "issue" with the CruxLite burner isn't an "issue". It is how a large head, infinite control gas burner works. It expands as it warms up, thus reducing output pressure and requiring a slight turn of the valve to increase pressure to compensate. Once fully heated, it performs flawlessly, without needing any further adjustments to maintain whatever level of heat you choose.

Why you couldn't wait for the thing to fully warm up(90 seconds?) is beyond me....
    I don't understand how this works. I can light my stove and open it all the way up, or only open it part way. soon, the pressure starts to die out almost till it shuts off by itself, regardless how much I open or close the valve.

do you think this is what I'm doing with my stove? I have other stoves that don't do this under the exact circumstances...

well I decided to order the SOTO Amicus with igniter. it was only $1.75 and 0.2oz more than the one without igniter. I figure what the heck, I can remove it if I decide I don't like/want/need it -- http://www.campsaver.com/amicus-stove

HikingJim makes the blanket claim that "Soto makes the best backpacking stoves available today". He reviewed the Amicus and gives it top marks -- https://adventuresinstoving.blogspot.com/2016/12/review-soto-amicus.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++